Showtime announced today that it has picked up Shameless, the gritty family drama starring William H. Macy, for a 12-episode second season; the meta-comedy Episodes (starring Matt LeBlanc as Matt LeBlanc) also received a second season order for an undetermined number of episodes. Shameless is averaging 4 million viewers a week (across the various Showtime platforms); Episodes is landing around 2 million per week. Both shows will begin production on their second seasons later this year.
Showtime renews 'Shameless' and 'Episodes' for second seasons
- 'Gravity,' 'Her' share L.A. Critics' prize
- 'Frozen' is weekend's No. 1 movie: $31.6M
- 'SNL' recap: 'Anchorman 2' and the boys
- 'Amazing Race' preview: Phil Keoghan's photos
- Kennedy Center Honors: D.C. salutes five artists
- 'Family Guy': What's next for Brian?
- 'Bonnie & Clyde': Nico Vega goes 'Bang Bang'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' lingerie line in Sweden
Top 5 Most Read
- Paul Rudd and One Direction take on 'Saturday Night Live': Talk about it here!
- 'SNL' recap: Paul Rudd brings a parade of surprise guest stars -- VIDEO
- 10 Best TV Shows of '13: Melissa Maerz's Picks
- Disney's 'Frozen' soundtrack: Ranking all nine original songs
- Peter Jackson on bringing the 'Hobbit' villain Smaug to life: 'He's the Hannibal Lecter of the dragon world.'