Showtime announced today that it has picked up Shameless, the gritty family drama starring William H. Macy, for a 12-episode second season; the meta-comedy Episodes (starring Matt LeBlanc as Matt LeBlanc) also received a second season order for an undetermined number of episodes. Shameless is averaging 4 million viewers a week (across the various Showtime platforms); Episodes is landing around 2 million per week. Both shows will begin production on their second seasons later this year.
Showtime renews 'Shameless' and 'Episodes' for second seasons
- 'Agent Carter': Shea Whigham in key role
- Stephen King's '11/22/63' as Hulu miniseries
- Kris Jenner files for divorce
- 'Madam Secretary': Big debut in older demo
- 'Game of Thrones': Charles Dance's tease
- N.Y. Times public editor vs. article on Rhimes
- 'South Park' takes aim at 'Redskins' debate
- Colin Farrell: I'm doing 'True Detective 2'
- 'Into the Woods' names not changing: Disney
- 'Supergirl' series finds a home at CBS