MTV’s TV series reboot of the classic ’80s comedy Teen Wolf, premiering on June 5 after the MTV Movie Awards, is set to be markedly different from the Michael J. Fox flick. For starters, there doesn’t seem to be a modern version of best pal and love interest, the awesomely named “Boof” (travesty!). Instead, the network is going for an edgier approach and hoping to attract the audience of two other supernatural classics. “When I first talked to MTV about it, I said what if we do it kind of like The Lost Boys with kind of the pace and fun of Buffy,” exec producer Jeff Davis (Criminal Minds) told EW in February. “We’ve had comparisons to Vampire Diaires. That’s a very brooding melodrama. This exists far closer to Buffy.” Watch the three minute trailer below and judge for yourself:
'Teen Wolf': Watch the fang-tastic new trailer -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Bachelor': Juan Pablo, we've seen this move before...
- '300' sequel is weekend's No. 1 movie: $45M
- Lena Dunham hosts 'SNL': 'Girls' night
- 'Amazing Race': Phil Keoghan previews Malaysia
- 'Cosmos': Past vs. present, toward a better future?
- Oscars: What it's like to go with Jennifer Lawrence
- '24: Live Another Day' teaser: Jack vs. assassin
- 'Walking Dead': Lauren Cohan on Maggie and Glenn
Top 5 Most Read
- Fox renews 'Mindy Project,' 'The Following,' more
- Jennifer Lawrence's best friend wrote a behind-the-scenes account of Oscars night
- 'SNL' recap: Lena Dunham is just a girl, standing in front of an audience, asking them to like her
- Stacy Keibler marries tech entrepreneur Jared Pobre
- Lena Dunham hosts 'Saturday Night Live' this weekend: Talk about it here!