More good Sunday night ratings news: Showtime’s new series The Borgias had the pay TV network’s strongest drama premiere in seven years. The Jeremy Irons historical drama had 1.06 million viewers for its premiere, then added another 432,000 viewers during its encore for a 1.5 million tally. That’s up notably from the series debut of Shameless (982,000) and United States of Tara (881,000), but down from the debut of The Big C (1.2 million). (And, yes, I realize The Big C, like Nurse Jackie, is classified as a comedy by Showtime, but Showtime’s comedies are sometimes about as close to being comedies as Dante’s Divine Comedy is a comedy). Also, here are the ratings for The Killing and The Kennedys premieres.
- Fox reality boss Mike Darnell steps down
- Tom Cruise exits 'Man from U.N.C.L.E.'
- 'American Idol' mulling alums as judges?
- 'Hangover III,' 'F&F 6,' more EW reviews
- 'Fast & Furious' vs. 'Hangover' for No. 1
- Mariah Carey swears, dress slips on 'GMA'
- Amanda Bynes arrested in N.Y.
- CCH Pounder gets 'Sons of Anarchy' gig