More good Sunday night ratings news: Showtime’s new series The Borgias had the pay TV network’s strongest drama premiere in seven years. The Jeremy Irons historical drama had 1.06 million viewers for its premiere, then added another 432,000 viewers during its encore for a 1.5 million tally. That’s up notably from the series debut of Shameless (982,000) and United States of Tara (881,000), but down from the debut of The Big C (1.2 million). (And, yes, I realize The Big C, like Nurse Jackie, is classified as a comedy by Showtime, but Showtime’s comedies are sometimes about as close to being comedies as Dante’s Divine Comedy is a comedy). Also, here are the ratings for The Killing and The Kennedys premieres.
'Borgias' sets Showtime ratings record
- 'Dancing With the Stars': See who went home
- Kevin Smith: Thank 'Tusk' for 'Clerks 3'
- Stephen Chbosky 'Beauty and the Beast' gig
- 'Chicago Fire,' 'P.D.,' 'SVU' in crossover
- Netflix additions: 10 we like in October
- 'Simpsons' character dies; producer says...
- Amanda Bynes arrested for DUI
- Marvel and Jack Kirby family settle lawsuit
- 'Scorpion' react: 'Single Point of Failure'
- 'Atlanta Exes' season 1: How it ended