More good Sunday night ratings news: Showtime’s new series The Borgias had the pay TV network’s strongest drama premiere in seven years. The Jeremy Irons historical drama had 1.06 million viewers for its premiere, then added another 432,000 viewers during its encore for a 1.5 million tally. That’s up notably from the series debut of Shameless (982,000) and United States of Tara (881,000), but down from the debut of The Big C (1.2 million). (And, yes, I realize The Big C, like Nurse Jackie, is classified as a comedy by Showtime, but Showtime’s comedies are sometimes about as close to being comedies as Dante’s Divine Comedy is a comedy). Also, here are the ratings for The Killing and The Kennedys premieres.
'Borgias' sets Showtime ratings record
- Justin Lin's in as 'Star Trek 3' director
- Joe Cocker, veteran rock singer, dies at 70
- Joe Cocker dies: Celeb tributes on Twitter
- Theater group seeks to show 'The Interview'
- 'Jessica Jones': Mike Colter in as Luke Cage
- George R.R. Martin: I'll show 'The Interview'
- Bill Cosby accused of another assault in '70s
- JibJab tweaks 2014 in new year-in-review clip
- Michael C. Hall sings 'Hedwig' tune in NYC
- 'Mythbusters' on new format, cast changes
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks