Glenn Beck ending Fox News program

Glenn-Beck

Image Credit: Michael Caulfield Archive/WireImage.com

Glenn Beck announced plans to “transition off” Fox News. In a joint statement, the network and Glenn Beck’s production company announced they will work together to “develop and produce a variety of television projects for air on the FOX News Channel (FNC) as well as content for other platforms.” In the meantime, Beck will “transition off his daily program.” “Glenn Beck is a powerful communicator, a creative entrepreneur and a true success by anybody’s standards,” said Roger Ailes, Chairman and CEO of Fox News. “I look forward to continuing to work with him.”

“I truly believe that America owes a lot to Roger Ailes and Fox News,” Beck said in a statement. “I cannot repay Roger for the lessons I’ve learned and will continue to learn from him and I look forward to starting this new phase of our partnership.”

Which sounds all very congenial. But was Beck actually canceled by Fox News for his plummeting ratings that have dropped more than 40 percent in the cable news demo this year and advertisers boycotting the show? I’m just asking questions…

Read more:
The Glenn Beck Network. Yes, it could happen.
Glenn Beck hints at Fox News departure
Is Fox News pushing Glenn Beck towards the exit?

Comments (500 total) Add your comment
Page: 1 2 3 14
  • Elizabeth

One down, soooooooooo many more to go.

Whoops, uh, I mean best of luck, right?

• whatevs

Pretty much every “news” program at this point should follow suit.

• Van Jones

You’re an @sshole.

• Devin Faraci

Van Jones, you’re a moron.

• crispy

I think you’re all pretty.

• Jessica

I think Crispy has nice, soft hair.

• Karate Pants

• crispy

@Jessica: My secret is pomegranate beads!

• James

Pomegranates are so tasty too!

• Tarc

Nah, I’m just correct. The truth hurts.

• Quirky

• B

Palin/Beck 2012! Just in time for the end of the world!

• Sue

• VAPatriot

• Atom&Yves

Truth worth repeating:

Thanks, VAPatriot

• bfd

Now if he’d only get hit by a speeding Fox News van

• Parkson

How nice and civil and lacking of vitriol!

• fu

• Sensible Bob

• demonfeed

Btw, this site seems to remove alot of comments that critique Beck, the GOP, and the Tea Party. Funny, that.

• Lee W

• discgolfur

• time4tea

If you think the movement began and ends solely on the back of Glenn Beck then you can keep drinking your koolaid and patting each other on the back. Word of addvice, stock up on soup because you’ll be crying in it come 2012.

• Dale

• Glen

It makes for a cute punchline, but the TRUTH (see previous parenthetical about tea partiers)is that he never said it.

• Dan

• J

“I took the initiative in creating the internet.”
        -Al Gore, CNN March 1999

• wow

“I took the initiative in creating the internet.”
        -Al Gore, CNN March 1999

He did take part in the initiative that created the public internet. previouslly it was Milnet and for military purposes… actually pretty interesting story.

• blah

So many seem to forget that the stupidity of her statement isn’t in the claim that parts of Russia can be seen from parts of Alaska, but from the fact that the context in which she said it implied she thought it counted as foreign policy experience and her statement had all the insight into world affairs you would expect from a typical 7 year old.

• LibRT

2011

01:00 PM ET

3202
        Share Glenn Beck ending Fox News program
        by James Hibberd
        Categories: Television, TV Biz
        Comments 487 Add comment.
        Image Credit: Michael Caulfield Archive/WireImage.com

Read more:
        The Glenn Beck Network. Yes, it could happen.
        Glenn Beck hints at Fox News departure
        Is Fox News pushing Glenn Beck towards the exit?
        Previous Post
        ‘Titanic’ miniseries: Linus Roache, Toby Jones on boardNext Post
        ‘Game of Thrones’: How the cast is basking in (or at least tolerating) the fandomEW.com HomeInside TV Main
        Comments (487 total) Add your comment Page: 1 2 3 … 14 Next »Elizabeth
        Wed 04/06/11 1:13 PMOne down, soooooooooo many more to go.
        Whoops, uh, I mean best of luck, right?
        Reply whatevs
        Wed 04/06/11 1:21 PMPretty much every “news” program at this point should follow suit.
        Reply Tarc
        Wed 04/06/11 1:36 PMNah, the greatest con man of the century is just going to spread his bile in other ways.
        Reply Van Jones
        Wed 04/06/11 2:28 PMYou’re an @sshole.
        Devin Faraci
        Wed 04/06/11 2:43 PMVan Jones, you’re a moron.
        crispy
        Wed 04/06/11 2:51 PMI think you’re all pretty.
        Jessica
        Wed 04/06/11 3:36 PMI think Crispy has nice, soft hair.
        Karate Pants
        Wed 04/06/11 4:33 PMAhhhh…that’s better. It took way too long for levity to find its way to this article. I think you’re all very fancy.
        crispy
        Wed 04/06/11 5:12 PM@Jessica: My secret is pomegranate beads!
        James
        Wed 04/06/11 11:50 PMPomegranates are so tasty too!
        Tarc
        Thu 04/07/11 12:29 AMNah, I’m just correct. The truth hurts.
        Quirky
        Wed 04/06/11 1:39 PMBeck’s not gone. Beck is “leaving” in the same way Palin “left” when she stepped down as governor. He’s just going to change media formats and probably end up getting even richer off of his constant fearful rants.
        Reply B
        Wed 04/06/11 4:29 PMPalin/Beck 2012! Just in time for the end of the world!
        Sue
        Wed 04/06/11 8:56 PMHe will just take crazy somewhere else. Bet he was the one that ended the relationship with Fox. At least a lot of Becker heads won’t hear his new rage of the day and be scared sh**less everyday by him. His new media outlet probably won’t reach as many people as his Fox stint.
        Tarc
        Thu 04/07/11 12:30 AMThat’s the bad part – he’ll probably just spend his time managing more fundamentalist propagandists for cash.
        VAPatriot
        Sun 04/10/11 10:01 AMYou’re an idiot…everything he has warned about for the past three years has happened in lockstep. Of course, you would know that if you actually listened to his show instead of sound bytes from your wack-job uber left “news” sources.
        Atom&Yves
        Mon 04/11/11 11:57 AMTruth worth repeating:
        Thanks, VAPatriot
        bfd
        Wed 04/06/11 1:43 PMNow if he’d only get hit by a speeding Fox News van
        Reply Parkson
        Wed 04/06/11 2:01 PMHow nice and civil and lacking of vitriol!
        fu
        Wed 04/06/11 2:23 PMhopefully someone will “exercise their 2nd amendment right” between his beady little eyes.
        Sensible Bob
        Wed 04/06/11 5:04 PMThe 2nd amendment rights I believe in doesnt give me the right to murder. Perhaps the patriot act should look into you for sounding like an Arizona nutjob shooter.
        demonfeed
        Wed 04/06/11 7:13 PMTo Bob: But sending our kids off with guns to kill terrorists isn’t murder? If one is good, so is the other. Especially if it is in regards to people who deserve it.
        Lee W
        Wed 04/06/11 7:31 PMfu & bfd…Why would you ever want to KILL someone because you disagree with them? Do you want Chris Matthews killed or Rachel Madow? Prolly not. I don’t either. I think you both need some serious counseling.
        discgolfur
        Thu 04/07/11 8:15 AM@ Lee W: killing is not just overstating extreme distaste for the man’s opinions, like you seem to think. It is also a “back-atcha”for the way their hate and ignorance is intended to get simpletons riled up enough to actually do something like that (AZ) while his own hands stay clean (in his own mind- not ours)
        time4tea
        Thu 04/07/11 2:22 PMI’ve never seen so much ignorance and fear not to mention hate from the koolaid drinkers on the socialist left
        Dale
        Wed 04/06/11 1:51 PMOh yes! Perhaps we can enlist Maddow or Caville orMatthews or maybe even Howard “I can’t find my brain” Dean. Oh I would just love Al “I invented the internet in my spare time”Gore. Happy happy happy.
        Reply Glen
        Wed 04/06/11 2:17 PMJust as a point of actual fact (not that the tea partiers care about facts), but Al Gore never said he, “invented the internet.” That’s a complete fabrication and anyone who cares to can verify it as false.
        Dan
        Wed 04/06/11 2:22 PMFunny you say that because I just had a co worker make fun of Sarah Palin for saying she could “see Russia from her backyard” which was quickly refuted by myself and affirmed by snopes.com. The pendulum of poor and distorted information swings on both sides of the aisle
        J
        Wed 04/06/11 2:24 PM“I took the initiative in creating the internet.”
        -Al Gore, CNN March 1999
        wow
        Wed 04/06/11 2:52 PM“I took the initiative in creating the internet.”
        -Al Gore, CNN March 1999
        blah
        Wed 04/06/11 4:27 PMYeah, Palin didn’t say she could see Russia from her house. It’s kind of a shame that how idiotic what she really said has gotten lost to that one-liner (coined I believe by Tina Fay).
        LibRT
        Wed 04/06/11 4:32 PMNo, Al didn’t invent the internet… but he DID invent global warming… and has a Nobel Prize and $100M’s to prove it!
        dan j
        Wed 04/06/11 4:50 PMSorry to bust your bubble but Al Gore did say that he invented the internet. I was watching him speak at a university forum on pbs. When he said it I almost fell off my chair I was laughing so hard.
        chris
        Wed 04/06/11 6:57 PMNo, Al didn’t invent the internet… but he DID invent global warming… and has a Nobel Prize and $100M’s to prove it!
        Biggest scam in history
        Mike
        Thu 04/07/11 1:46 AMOk chris, so the billions of tons of chemicals, CO2 and Methane pumped into the Atmosphere have no effect? The millions of acres of deforestation has no effect? The Texas size trash pile in the Pacific? The Oceanic dead zones? The 40% a year decline of bee populations, which give us our food through pollination? What about the recent BP oil spill? Yeah, your right, global warming, climate change, environmental whatever, is all made up for profit by politicians. Why should we try to make environmentally friendly industries when God gave us Earth which never runs out of anything, and which is immune to us? Why should we invest when China will surpass us by thew newly estimated 2015 in technology, including their swaths of green technological advances, and about the same time in GDP. Corporate fan boys like you who haven’t an ounce of sense or reason WILL be the undoing of this country. Fools who believed themselves smart, and are too lazy and narcissistic to ask why and do true research, such as yourself, are the true entitled sheep of the major banks, car, oil and agricultural corporations who only care for their short-mid-term bottom line to please their investors. The technocratic “left” is the only hope this nation has.
        socrates
        Fri 04/08/11 7:23 AMWow Mike, you have my vote for Glenn’s replacement as dilusional fear-monger. It’s people like you that make liberals seem uneducated. Fall in line mr. sheep.
        lori
        Wed 04/06/11 1:54 PMGlenn Beck is someone who actually has the guts to stand up and speak the truth about Obama and the sinister agenda of liberals. They are trying to destroy America with diversity, open borders, and wrecking the ecomony with overspending.
        Reply Funnystuff
        Wed 04/06/11 2:00 PMDiversity will destroy america…America is diversity…I am afraid it may be too late to unprogram you.
        chi
        Wed 04/06/11 2:04 PMDid you really come up with THESE? Or just copy/paste?
        Zap Vishnu
        Wed 04/06/11 2:07 PMIf by “guts” you mean a chemical imbalance in his brain that causes a functional form of paranoid schizophrenia, then yes the man has lots of guts. Lots and Lots of guts
        xoxo
        Zap
        Steve
        Wed 04/06/11 2:09 PMCome down off of the roof,…..put down the bottle.
        It’s okay,…breath.
        Lay down the sharp objects.
        cbfromtexas
        Wed 04/06/11 2:12 PMBeck knew all the problems with the Democrats policies, but never put forth a solution form anything–neither has the “GOP”–Maybe a 878 Billion dollar tax cut for the rich?
        mypitts2
        Wed 04/06/11 2:14 PMHe also had the “guts” to go after Jews, some conservatives, Muslims, everybody — he finally ran out of audience, except for people like you.
        furgus
        Wed 04/06/11 2:16 PMIsn’t “They are trying to destroy America with diversity” sounding a tad bit Klanish Lori? I mean really? Your are railing against diversity?
        Francis Pruett
        Wed 04/06/11 2:21 PMOh, so removing the tax benefit for sending jobs overseas, getting everyone health care, trying to let everyone have a fair crack at a decent, home-owning life and supporting fair pay for fair work is sinister? Wow, I never knew! Maybe his greatest crime was warning us that it may be too late to assert our right to be mentally deficient bigots with no perspective but that of selfish, evil consumerism and defensive fear-based non-logic. Oh, and we all get our own planet if we join his religion and also swear fealty to hatred laced with programmed media propaganda terror. Yay! Please don’t go, Glenn! The alligator tears are costing me a fortune! Who is your supplier?
        Burton225
        Wed 04/06/11 2:27 PMIn order to speak the truth one must first know it. Beck never cares to inquire.
        Michele
        Wed 04/06/11 2:30 PMI just have a very simple question for you, as a “well-informed” fan of Beck. Could you please define what you mean by “liberal” and “diversity”?
        sjcoop89
        Wed 04/06/11 2:45 PMI find pretty much all these negative, degrading comments on Glenn Beck very interesting. Have you guys ever watched his show before? I guess that’s pretty typical for ignorant people that have no ideas for themselves and just spit back out what they hear from mainstream media. Let me ask again…have you ever even watched his show? Or are you just taking MSNBC’s word for it? Typical…
        Booyah
        Wed 04/06/11 3:19 PMWhich show? His morning zoo zany dj show in the 80s, when he didn’t care about politics? Or he didn’t need it to make money? He’s just like Jeff Christie aka Rush Limbaugh…former DJs that found a way to make money from spewing polarizing dogma.
        WTF
        Wed 04/06/11 3:33 PMLori, you are just another Republican Zombie if you believe Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, & Sara Palin. Republicans don’t care about the United States of America, they care about the corporate states of America. Instead of having Senators from Maine or Texas etc, they would rather have Senetors from Enron, GE, BP, & Bank Of America.
        That is evident by the Citizen United ruling.
        Aqw
        Wed 04/06/11 4:17 PMi assumed this comment was a sarcastic joke at beck’s expense…destroying america with diversity?
        david
        Wed 04/06/11 9:39 PMlori
        i assume you wear your becker head label proudly. glenn cares only in listener numbers, purchasers for his books, to tell you what to be afraid of and who to blame. He should run for office but does not have the nerve. He is a money monger and you, sadly, are not to bright.
        flbrnt
        Wed 04/06/11 9:52 PMYou are absolutely right about diversity. It all started downhill when the natives let those &%$! white people in.
        mary
        Thu 04/07/11 3:41 AMGlen Beck is a great man who tells the truth. Many people can’t stand to hear the truth because it scares them. They hide their heads in the sand. I believe we ARE living in the end times biblically. But many people can’t see that even though we have always had disasters etc, they are on a grand scale the last few years and coming closer and more often together. We are fulfilling Revelation and many don’t WANT to see it. Glen Beck sees it and is trying to warn the world. But just as in the days of Noah, they didn’t take heed or pay attention and WHAM it was on them and too late.
        discgolfur
        Thu 04/07/11 8:22 AMMary, I hope you are right- and if you are, when you get to heaven, you won’t find Glenn Beck there! There is another special place for those who spread hate and lies and foster ignorance!
        bla
        Thu 04/07/11 10:12 AMWTF
        kmh72756
        Thu 04/07/11 6:08 PMthe majority of the spending being done by the current administration isto pay for the wars that the GOP got us into by lying and for the only solution to the looming Depressioncreated by the GOP when they failed to regulate the fat cats who decided to make bad loans to people who shouldn’t have recieved them but then tried to hide the pathetic condition of the loans by bundling which never should have been allowed.
        Paula Anderson
        Sat 04/09/11 2:29 PMGlenn Beck is an American hero. He had the nerve to speak his truth even if it put him and his family into jeopardy. I only hope he continues. He is a beacon that we should follow and help. I would suggest that George Soros was behind his departure from the afternoon TV. Too bad, George Soros is not a friend of the US, neither is Van Jones and all of the other extremists that want to destroy America.
        Kim
        Sun 04/10/11 12:15 PM@Mary, Please explain to me why people like you that believe we are living in end times would try to stop it? I assume you believe in God and Jesus, as you speak of end times being biblical. If you’ re such a believer and such a moral, good person, why would you want to stop it from happening? Everything in Christianity focuses on Jesus’ return and the salvation of man, but you and Glenn Beck would want to stop it. If you have such firm beliefs in God, it doesn’t make sense. It’s a complete contradiction of you’re own beliefs. Plus, I thought Glenn Beck was now a Morman, so how does Jesus’ return figure into his playbook? Again, it doesn’t make sense!
        Kim
        Sun 04/10/11 12:23 PMDuh, MORMON!
        Kim
        Sun 04/10/11 12:25 PMAnd your, not you’re. That’s what i get for staying up late and then typing in the morning before I had my coffee!
        David
        Mon 04/11/11 6:52 PMYou realize you’re racist right? I just wanted to make sure you knew that…but I mean, you are defending Glenn Beck…its kind of assumed that you would be racist…
        Jordan
        Tue 04/19/11 3:49 AMListen folks with no IQ…. Glenn Beck is one of the most intelligent man in American he predicted things 3 years ago that are happening now… and if you actually listen to him and instead of watched ing revision clips on MSNBC you could fact check him like I did and he was right on everything… We are becoming a Country that is Europe not America Land of the Free… 60% of our Tax money goes to entitlements so only 40 % goes to our debt and there more debt a month then we bring in as a country… so wat did he say will happen that everyone in the federal reserve said they would never do is Monotize the Debt. thats printing money with nothing backing it up… for all your liberals all there you need to read and do your research.. global warming is a fraud in 1980 there was 5,oo polar bears in 2011 there over 20,000 thousands wild polar bars and we actually in a cooling phrase for all you enviromental freaks… another fact your should know is when one volcano erupts it puts so much pullution on the air its like having all the cars in the world running for 200 years straight… so do your research and look at facts not opionions.. i didnt like BUsh at all but Obama has trpled his debt in 3 years Bush was in office for 8 years… we need to change but not to Europe there broke we need to change back to the Constitution and Capitalilism.. no more bailouts and lets companies fail new ones will start thats what this Country all aboout….we need Reagan to come back watch inflation and food, gas, and everything else is going up in taxes cause mostly of Obama i Voted for him but this change is BS we need a man to tell China whats up and stop giving our intelligence to other countries. we need to focus on our selves lets fix our country first take all our troops out of all 3 of these stupid wars,,, its DUMB and why are we rebuilding countries that hate us and we can’t even rebuild ours… the dollar going to be worth less and less thats why i bought metals and i have made bank becuase our money is going to be like the peso no joke… everyone read alot do research and always recheck your views

• lori

• chi

Did you really come up with THESE? Or just copy/paste?

• Zap Vishnu

xoxo
        Zap

• Steve

Come down off of the roof,…..put down the bottle.

It’s okay,…breath.

Lay down the sharp objects.

• cbfromtexas

• mypitts2

• furgus

• Francis Pruett

• Burton225

• Michele

• sjcoop89

• Booyah

• WTF

That is evident by the Citizen United ruling.

• Aqw

• Kim

Duh, MORMON!

• Kim

• David

• Jordan

• DJ

Beck had more ratings at his timeslot than the combined ratings of MSNBC, CNN, CNN Headline News and CNBC.
      And of course his ratings were over 50 percent higher than the prime time shows of CNN and MSNBC, even though his show aired at 5:00 PM EST.

• Funnystuff

That just proves there are more bigots than we initially estimated. If his ratings are so great….why are they getting rid of him, why are sponsors leaving in droves? I’m starting to think you may not understand how they calculate the ratings..

• PJ

Of course Beck has good ratings. What else are all the crazy uniformed racists going to watch?

• Michele

To DJ:
        Even if what you say is true; Yes, Hitler was very popular among the Germans too! The majority do not make an ideology as to be better or superior.

• Burton225

Greater fool theory

• DJ

Beck was just stating that many of Obama’s current/ex admin officials were Mao fans(Anita Dunn) and truthers who had video of one high ranking Obama admin celebrating 911 on 9/12/2001(Van Jones).

Also evil estern European billionaire George Soros has hundreds of paid shills. He also shined a light about SEIU union thugs, including paid SEIU leadership(Stephen Lerner) on tape trying to collapse the economy.

• Popeye

Again Funnystuff…that was 2009

• hfn

People love to watch idiots like Beck and Palin for comic relief,not knowning thats how they grift their money and get rich off you fools that watch them

• discgolfur

38% support the tea party! There’s a whole lotta sheep in this country- pick your shepherd wisely!

• chi

Cheers!

• Jack Lean II

Sob…I can’t go on.
      He is so white.
      He is so paranoid.
      He cries like a little girl.
      He is whiter than Ron Reagan’s astrologer.
      He is confused beyond belief.
      How will we go on?

Did I mention how utterly white he is?

• WildBill.TX

Sounds like you don’t like whity, Jackie boy. people are jealous of Beck because he is rich and right about everything, You liberals just can’t see the truth. Too bad, this country is going down hill fast with big ears Obama with no experience screwing this great nation up.

• Proud Libertarian

Typical Texan mentality. Pigheaded and self-righteous. You wouldn’t recognize truth if it were running down your leg.

• Mike

I entirely agree Proud Libertarian. I was born in Baltimore, but have lived in San Antonio since the age of 3 (now 21). I’ve traveled the world, gone to college in Florida and been raised by Northerners. I can verify that the people here are horrible. Without the military bases that bring in more sophisticated hard workers, and without the oil/energy industries in Houston and Dallas, Texas would just be another Alabama.

• Mike

That said, the urban centers of Texas are somewhat of a different world than the more rural areas. Even the urban environments though are no where near as cultural, sophisticated or educated as the NE, NW, Midwest, West, etc.

• discgolfur

Texas would make a great country! Chuck Norris in 2012!

• Alex

“Texas would make a great country!” Discgolfer, you don’t seem to realize how many other Americans wish that were true. When I lived in Arizona, the construction guys I worked with used to try to run cars with Texas plates off the highway.

• JaySin420

lol @ Elizabeth, I was thinking the same exact thing.

• Rex Diamond

Did you not read the article. Beck is joining his brand with Fox and will launch more than one show to air on Fox.

You actually didn’t score.

• Joe

Elizabeth: get your head out of the ground and open your eyes and ears, you have become one of “useful Idiots” as described by Joseph Stalin and the Russian citizen.

• Julius Evola

What a sad bunch of deluded left wing trollers on this thread. Wow! frankfurt School sheeple are out in force today. What’s hilarious is that despite the left running the media (all networks except Fox…how’s that for ‘equality’), schools and University education…that they are so threatened by one man. This very much reminds me of a book “United in Hate – the Left’s romance with Tyranny and Terror’ by Jamie Glasor. Turkeys voting for Christmas we can still say Christmas huh?)

• Sean

BYE WHITE TRASH !!!

• lori

Glenn Beck is educated, successful and respected by millions. In other words, the exact ooposite of welfare trash like you Sean.

• lrsky

Glenn Beck is NOT educated…not that that’s his problem…he’s a reactionary right wing idiot, and yes there are left wing idiots too.
        Most of us in the mainstream are NOT listening after having heard his drivel one time.
        Good riddance…NEXT!

• anti-Faux News

what world do you live in? Beck is leaving Fox News because over 300 major corporate advertisers banned their ads from his show. He is a vile man who stirs up hatred with made up garbage designed to inflame the anger of the ignorant. Good riddance!

• Eric

How do you define intelligence? On his education? He graduated from HS in 1982. No College at all. Was an alcoholic in his early years and kicked the habbit. You say he is intelligent based on nothing more then your opinion. You like the guy and you believe what he is saying is fact. So how did you come to the conclusion he is intelligent?

• chi

How do you know Sean is on welfare? Is it “TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE”?

• AltDave

In the language spoken by Teabaggerz, “intelligent” means “he thinks like I does!” And “educated” means “sometimes he uses big words I don’t understand.”

• Susan

Lori, you gave me my laugh for today…Glenn Beck educated. Well, do have to say he is educated in the ways to make money. He makes these outrages claims to scare all of you so you buy more gold which is not worth the money you paid for it. Kinda reminds me of the old time medicines man who would try to sell gullible people his magic elixir for all your ills.
        Just wish Beck was not only gone from TV, Radio but every kind of media. Spreading the fear like he does is bad for our country but also unpatriotic in my opinion.
        Kinda sad though to see the crying clown go….who will we laugh at now. Hannity is just not as funny.

• Michele

Even if what you say is true; Yes, Hitler was very popular among the Germans too! And, he was paranoid, just like Beck, and yes, just like Beck he used pseud-science to prove that his race was pure and superior, creating false beliefs. It is amazing how similar extremists are.

The majority do not make an ideology as to be better or superior.

• Dody

Lori, you’re in way over your head here. But your comment did give me a laugh!

• Sue

Yeah, in actuality he’s only truly respected by religious nut jobs waiting for the world to end.

• mimi

for those who understand no explanation is needed for those who don’t understand no explanation is possible Beck is a beacon of light ,you can check out everything he say’s unlike that liar in the whitehouse you know why he’s always smiling it’s all you “useful idiots” fools

• Jordan

White Trash haha that guy would make you look like a joke son… he is brilliant and is right 95% of the time but you wouldnt know that because your brainwashed…. looked at california who has ruled this state in the last 30 years democrats where the welfare state of the country and were broke and for every green job created we loose 2 jobs but yeah were on the right track haha not… I’m sorry but you need to fact check before you say false infomation

• crispy

There went half of John Stewart’s material.

• Phil

That’s “Jon” Stewart, Crusty — uh, Cwispy.

• crispy

Oops!

• Michelle

No way….Jon Stewart has lots to work with. Unfortunately Glenn Beck is only one of the MANY idiots out there!

• pandainc

And dere ole Jon is certainly one.

• Karate Pants

pandainc, servin’ up a little “I know you are but what am I?” Bravo.
        I would LOVE to see an IQ throwdown with Glenn Beck fans VS Jon Stewart fans! It would be like Jaywalking all-stars vs Ken Jennings. Like noodling vs fly fishing. Like Nascar fans in a Mensa meeting. BRING IT ON!!!

• Michelle

You can talk crap about Jon Stewart all you’d like. The BIG difference is that he is a COMEDIAN. Do you get that?? Glenn Beck uses his show to present crap as fact when it IS NOT.

Everyone is a potential target for Jon Stewart. He makes fun of Republicans, Democrats…Christians, non-Christians…black, white….it doesn’t matter. He is out to get laughs and you know what…..he SUCCEEDS. You cannot compare him, a comedian, to someone claiming to talk about the “facts.”

• Mike Copeland

I believe most Jon Stewart fans fall under the category of ‘just smart enough to think they’re *really* smart).

Or as Shakespeare penned…”The foll doth thinks he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool”.

• Sean

Ignorant, alcoholic, feeder of lies and garbage
    Snake Salesman OUT!!!!
    working poor will carry on and follow this moron too….

• Mike

Sean stop making fun of the president that way. Obama cant help who he is.

• Cat

Zing!

• Dale

Good one Mike. The coward in chief is still trying to decide what veggie to eat.

• anti-Faux News

right wingers are definitely not the brain trust of America.

• Parkson

Nothin’ but net!

• char

That’s right, Beck can’t help that he’s the kind of person who would call up a woman who’d just miscarried and ask her about it ON THE AIR. He’s just a lyin’ piece of trash, conjuring up the most inflammatory lies he can think of, preying on ignorant people, and he just can’t help it

• Jason

OHHH I see. A conservative who battles alcoholosm is beaten with that stick over and over but a hollywood liberal alcoholic is never “judged”. AND if you are working class you are gullible and easily led by this “moron”. So glad we have you liberal elites to guide us… Thank you!!!!

• Funnystuff

elite? So the elite care about the poor? That doesn’t sound right.

• Jason

No, they care about keeping their status. So they lie to the poor and feed them scraps from the table in the form of welfare to keep them voting liberal and in poverty.

• Funnystuff

Yeah Im pretty sure you just described the republicians. They vote liberal cause the republicans want to give what little they have left to corporate america.

• pandainc

C’mon now. The Hollywood drunks are too busy snorting cocaine.

• Tarc

Let me explain for the republican Newspeak impared: ‘liberal elite’ is someone smart with a legitimate point. The seem to be completely confusing ‘liberal’ with anyone with a contrary opinion, and ‘elite’ with the actual elite (a vast majority of which are rich, white, and conservative by all historical definitions).

• Jordan

ya bro like you havent had a drinking problems Obama used to do cocaine drugs and all kinds of stuff man so before you talk bs you should know what your talking about that guy would run circles around you what do you do for a living let me guess work for the government hahaha he’s a hero and people like you should leave this Country because your making us broke and everything Government owns is bankrupt buddy…. ITS called I O U in your SS…. but good look read facts man look at george Sorros Obama Friends been in the Whitehouse tones of times but guess what.. do you know he is betting against the US dollar hahah but were on the right track China tells us what to do since when… o ya because were weak and were in 3 dumb wars we need to withdraw all troops and rebuild our country first before anything else…

• Rebecca

This stinks! His show is actually educational and hilarious!

• JPX

“Educational” Did you even graduate from high school, Rebecca?

• Cathleen

JPX-Such nastiness…always an indication of one’s left leaning tendencies. Hopefully, Stewart is next! (:

• Tarc

Funny, I though conservatives had the nastly, moronic cattle thing down pat.

• Alex

Pot,kettle,black…Kathleen.

• Funnystuff

So does that mean the republicans lean left..They are the nastiest bunch around.
        Any person with an inkling of comman sense realizes that stewart is a comedian and makes fun of the news. Whereas Beck and Fox try to come off as newscasters that make up the news…

• Mike

Funnystuff, why dont you list some of the things that he has made up?

• Funnystuff

here is one. teachers making 50,000 a year are bankrupting states across the country.

• Mike

No the $50,000 isnt the problem. Its the $50,000 in benefits on top of that money that they get for the rest of their lives. Never ending pentions that are transfered to spouces and health insurance that the tax payers are covering.

• Funnystuff

Ummm…they earned those benefits by working. Kind of like you earned a company match to your 401K… Should your family not get those if you are vested?

• AER

401K’s are earned in the private sector. When you are working in the public sector and taxes are paying you, it is a different story. This is why public sector employees shoud not unionize, they bankrupt our federal budget. Oh, and I don’t watch Gleen Beck, I just have a brain and follow the economy. It’s pretty easy to see where things are going wrong if you get off your political high horse and stop fighting some corrupt and biased agenda.

• Karate Pants

Pensions are funded by the employer. 401k’s (or, 403b’s, in the teacher scenario) are funded by the employee.

• Esther Greenwood

As someone who works for a governmental entity, I can assure you that I pay into my retirement just as anyone who has a 401K pays into his/hers. They don’t just give us free money when we retire. Part of it does actually come from our salaries (which, at least where I live, is invested by the state), thanks.

• Susan

Here you go Mike..just a few things Beck made up.

Glenn Beck urges listeners to leave churches preaching Social Justice. Which he said are code words for Communism & Nazism. Even though his own church of Latter Day Saints – Mormons believe in Social Justice.

Beck said Michelle Obama had 43 people on her staff and Nancy Reagan had 3. It truth the number of people on the first lady staff goes up and down. In total Nancy Reagan had 53 staff members, but not serving all at the same time. On average Nancy Reagan had 15 working all at one time. Michelle Obama staff 25. Laure Bush had 25 on her staff. Hilary Clinton had 13.

That government is trying to close the Lincoln Memorial for any kind of large gatherings. Note true.

Beck said the new health care bill includes insurance for dogs. He said this 11-12-09

I can add more if you like. I didn’t even touch his conspiracy theories and how he makes things up to try to make them look true.

• Susan

That government is trying to close the Lincoln Memorial for any kind of large gatherings. Not true.

I said note true…sorry typo on my part.

• Troy

@AER — Teachers don’t bankrupt the federal budget. The “fed” as it were doesn’t suffer from revenue constraint like a household, private firm or state does (it doesn’t “print” money either, but that’s a different argument). I think you need to “follow” the economy a bit closer.

• Ms Thing

Beck is only educational if you live on planet Dumbass

• Mike

Or if you watch and pay attention instead of just going by the 30 second clips you see on The Daily Show or read in the NYT’s

• Funnystuff

I do watch, and do pay attention and your would have to be a halfwit to beleive anything he says.

• NedIsDead

I haven’t heard of planet Dumbass. Is it next to Uranus?

• Popeye

@NedsIsDead—-lmao.

• mama

More people watch this show than anything on MSNBC that is as much of whatever Beck is. A lot of trolls on here today. And those who make fun of high school graduation. Whatever. Same degree as Bill Gates and others. Being from an Ivy League matters little if you just watch the President.

• Funnystuff

Umm didn’t Bush graduated from an ivy league or should I say purchase a diploma from an ivy league school?

• Borracho

And yet, 99.9999…% of people who only have a high school diploma are not Bill Gates.

• Tarc

And more people watch Survivor than Beck (if we’re going to compare fictional TV). So what? Lies are always easlier to hear than the trust, epsiecially when they are designed to be entertaining from the initial fabrication. One of Beck’s old ‘assistants’ said his whole job was fabricating things for the show, so no one is making this stuff up – though it’s obvious if you have much education.

• Dave C.

I’m confused. If Beck is watched more than MSN, etc., does that actually, by definition, make him the ‘mainstream media’ I heard so many negative comments about from the right?

• char

The only difference, Mama, is that the people on MSNBC DON’T LIE!

• Huh?

@char. Whoooooa. I’m not defending Glen Beck here, but MSNBC doesn’t lie? Wow. Fox News is biased, but MSNBC and CNN are too. MSNBC IS the FOX News of the left. Good news is hard to come by these days because of the fact that people eat up the polarization that the networks put out and then attack the other side. The facts are not so cut and dry but the lack of civil discourse adds fuel to the media flame.

• discgolfur

Huh? You don’t see a difference? You are indoctrinated my friend… although I think Char set you up for a dunk! re:popularity of his show- the teacons need their talking points and all line up at the trough at 5 est…

• Chris L

That’s a joke, right?

• Dale

Heyfunnystuff, you are hilarious. Oh can you fly a jet fighter? Thought not.

• Funnystuff

I could if I got a free ride like bushy boy…Unfortuantly I had to actually study to get my grades, not cry to my daddy.

• lori

The viciousness and hatred liberals are capable of is simply shocking to behild.

• anti-Faux News

seriously? the tea party hacks are responsible for the nastiness that has taken over this country.

• AltDave

Sorry, lori. When you’re looking at the world and think you see nasty liberals, it’s just you and your fellow teabaggerz in the mirror!

• Lisztomania

Aw, what’s a matter lori? Can’t take it? You mouth breathing, knuckle dragging right wing troglodytes have been bashing liberals for decades, now you’ve all got your collective tighty, righty whities in a bunch because liberals are now…finally…starting to bash back.

• jj

The Teabaggers are domestic terrorists.

• Susan

lori, you must live in a bubble if you think all the viciousness and hatred are coming from liberals. You should read yahoo comments when they do a story on Obama. I have never read such racist hatred in my life. But you may just agree with them since you are against diversity. Which means your against anyone who is not white and doesn’t believe as you do.

• WildBill.TX

You’re so right, Lori, now they’re picking on Bush. I use to laugh when the liberals called Bush stupid. This man not only went to Yale and Harvard, he could fly a fighter jet faster then sound. Also, he did try to go to Nam, but the fighter jet he was qualified in flying wasn’t being used in the war otheer wise he would of been there. Now these idiots are making fun of people who just have high school diplomas. That’s all I have is a GED and when i was in Florida, I built anything from housing tracks to 18 story high risers, schools, banks and shopping centers etc. In N.J. I was made the youngest foreman in a Anchor Hocking glass factory. The reason I was made a foreman, cause my grade on the tests I took was the second highest in the country with this plant. My point is, don’t knock people with just high school diplomas. Big ears in the oval office only experience was being an street organizer (thug) and he is totally ruining this country, he can’t even produce his birth certificate and look at the so call christian church he went to for 2o years. It has a preacher that only preaches hate against this country and the white race. Personally, I think he’s a muslim in diguise. Check out how he was brought up some time and the people that influenced him. It’s quite a story, too long for me to explain here. But you would be really surprised and wonder how the hell he became president with no experience at anything except writing a book about himself.

• Jesse

Wild Bill, you are truly everything that is wrong with America. But most moderates and liberals have a good heart. We will look past your ignorance and wish you peace and enlightenment. You have a good evening, Summer’s Eve…

• Tarc

*snickers* Wild bill, you’re really going to try and defend one of the worst Presidents in history? I’d ask you to try and locate one Bush’s Yale grad school classmates (no one remembers him), or someone that served with him in the coast guard (no one remembers him serving there either). Oh, and those businesses Bush supposedly ran before his goverornship? All failures. It’s no real surprise his family bought him the Presidency and he ruined that too.

• cbfromtexas

Now all the morons will have is Sean, talk about “bad to worst” LOL

• Diane

His @ss should have been fired for his insulting comments about the earthquake and tsunami in Japan. But I’m sure it was for his plummeting ratings. One less hater with a platform.

• JPX

Beck must have realized that his dwindling audience of mental patients would not sustain ratings forever. One nutjob down many to go.

• mama

Since he has better ratings than all of the MSNBC shows combines in his time slot… I guess we may as well shut that delusional network down.

• Funnystuff

Really I don’t see any MSNBC sponsors bailing.

• Popeye

@Funnystuff—-Sponsors pulling out happened in 2009. Did it make a difference?

• Mary

Beck actually said if your church practiced social justice, you should run. Mama- that is pretty nasty!

• TC

By the way, his show still averages over 2 million viewers per day…more than many prime time shows, and his show is on cable TV, and it’s at 5pm.

And, according to the release, he signed a new deal to do other things with them. So, how about we look at facts before jumping to conclusions.

• Em

If advertisers won’t pay – that’s the problem. Why put him on every day if he’s not bringing in the money?
      And just because a fair amount of people watch him doesn’t mean he’s telling the truth.

• Mike

Hey EM, why dont you point out some lies? Oh thats right you cant.

• TC

Hey Em…I agree with you. If advertisers won’t pay, then there’s the door. All I’m suggesting is (a) we wait for the facts before jumping to conclusions, and (b) people stop wishing the guy would die, then call his viewers morons. Nobody is forced to agree with him. We all have remote controls, and with one finger can change the channel. Calm down, change the channel, and feel good that we live in a country where people can express their opinions, and we can all have our own opinions. I don’t wish death or any I’ll-will on any one in this chat room or anywhere else who has differing political beliefs. I’m not saying I’m a fan of his, either. I’m just blown away by the hate…

• kev

Millions of people watch Jerry Springer too.

• MultiPass

Quite true but no one cares about advertising to the unemployed rednecks, frightened old people and right wing freaks who are not busy at 5pm with actual lives.

• Jason

There it is again… witness the liberal bigot.

• AltDave

The truth is not pretty, Jason.

• MultiPass

Heck yes, I am absolutely bigoted against disgusting sub-human evil creatures like Glen Beck. And I have very little pity or tolerance for the idiots who think his views are OK. Anyone like that deserves the life of anger, fear and anxiety that he peddles. He is evil incarnate.

• rixt

I guess that MultiPass is more like MultiNoPass. No one gets a pass if they don’t agree with him. More of that vaunted liberal “acceptance” and “tolerance”. Exactly what is worng with this country. All that liberal touchy-feely warm fuzziness.

• lori

Beck has lead the charge exposing the agenda of the Kenyan usurper.

• anti-Faux News

you are pathetic lori. why don’t you use some of your internet skills and go to factcheck.org and search Obama + birth certificate so you can see what a loser you are for posting the comment that you just posted. If you won’t, then it just proves your an ignorant racist.

• AltDave

Guess lori would have preferred the geriatric Panamanian and insane Alaskan. What a fine job THEY would have done.

• Popeye

@anti-faux news— You are the typical left winger. Why the name calling? Maybe because Lori has a different opinion than you. Seems to me the problem in this country in the hate between dems and reps. Can’t we just all get along?

• lori

I never said I thought Obama was born in Kenya. Although, with the way he hides things about his past, who knows?

• char

Lori, I’m sorry…you are an idiot. An idiot is someone who is ignorant and doesn’t care they are ignorant. You believe every lie that jackass put out there. Get the facts. Call Hawaii and get yourself a copy of the birth certificate. open your eyes! You’re being fed a load of crap, and you’re eating it with a shovel.

• Jesse

lori is the ultimate troll. Ignore her and she will go away like the tea baggers…

• discgolfur

So you’d believe your ex if she said she still wanted to be friends?

• Anna

Does this mean America is a socialist country now? How will we be able to link Obama to terrorists with over 10 random connections without beck? Whatever shall we do.

• RD

Now I’m the one crying. Crying tears of joy.

• Terry Calhoun

Here’s proof positive: prayer works. At least I’m 1 for 3. Now, if he dies and goes to hell I’ll be battin’ a thousand.

• hopelovehateinc

Wow, what happened to the “civility” that was supposed to happen after Arizona? Sounds like memory loss, hope you aren’t counting on Obamacare.

• Funnystuff

That was another lie the republicans told and you fell for.

• Jason

Liberals only believe in civility when they have something to gain. So transparent…

• Tarc

Civility goes out the window when the conservative cattle are physically incapable of seeing beyond their brainwashing and having a factual discussion. (And I’m not a liberal.)

• Aj4coco

Really hateful. Is that necessary? Where’s the civility?

• milly

He won’t go to hell. He’s a Christian. But you should worry about yourself for hoping he dies

• joesmom

Beck is Mormon, and most Christians consider Latter Day Saints to be a CULT and perversion of true Christianity. Not quite sure how Beck became such an Evangelical darling, unless they don’t realize he doesn’t give a rip about them at all.

• MultiPass

HAHAHAHA!! You are ridiculous. The road to hell is paved with republicans and so-called Christians.

• Charleton

Christians are cultists, too. Rallying around a story book and worshiping the sky fairy’s zombie son? Yeah, totally rational. David Koresh and those Heaven’s Gate nutcases could never compare.

• Jenae

Terry! In what world do you live that it is ok for you to write that you pray for this man to die? What is wrong with you?

• your mom

i think you’re an evil person (batting a thousand) it’s funny how so many people spewing their hatred against glenn beck can’t even spell his name!

• America

“I truly believe that America owes a lot to Roger Ailes and Fox News”
    Uh…can I write you a check? *snicker*

• steve

Don’t worry. There are still plenty of us Obama / Soros haters out here! Socialism is dead in the USA. Why don’t you people that love social welfare leave the country and arrive in the UK. Oh, I forgot that it failed over there! Idiots!!

• Tarc

Uh, no. The US, like all modern economies, is a blend of capitalism and socialism. Capitalism works no better than communism when undiluted. Geesh, another moron that can’t master the material in Econ 101…

• Funnystuff

Name one social program that I don’t pay into to?

• Mike

Funnystuff, you would need to move out of your mothers basement and get a job to have to pay into anything. Loser.

• Funnystuff

exactly….If you can’t win your dumb argument. The other person is a loser…maybe you can take over for beck..

• Popeye

@Funnystuff… Read the posts of the people agreeing with you..I see a lot of name calling from them too. I’ll settle everything. Everyone educate yourself, then the right wing won’t need to listen to Beck and the left wing won’t need the celebrities to tell them how to think. Problem solved!

• Tarc

@Popeye – educate youself, and you’ll know Beck for the conman propagandist that he is, and you wouodn’t use any one source – particulary one that weps on TV – as a basis for ANY of you opinions when the FACTS are easily accessed. The problem is, the Repugs seem to have won the campaign to keep people stupid and ignorant, so they have an easily manipulatable base of cattle to milk for cash and power.

• Rob

Steve, Obviously you have never been to the UK?
      They are have the same economic issues the USA has (created by the Bush administartion and not the current one). Both countries issues stem from the same lack of controls in the mortgage market and other regulartary bodies).
      I see you didn’t mention Canada (another so-called “socialist state) that set smart regulations in its mortgage and economic policies and has barely suffered whilst the USA has barely started to recover from its previous poor leadership.
      Its not socialism thats the issue, its badly run capitalism thats to bvlame for your countries woes.
      And btw – I was born in the UK, lived happily in the USA for 10 years and now live in Canada.

• AltDave

I have a better idea, steve. Why don’t you and your other small-government buddies move to Somalia so you can see how that small-government thingie is workin’ out for them!

• char

Steve, I have a friend who moved to england just over a year ago, married a brit, and she just got a free knee replacement that she couldn’t afford here in the US. So, that’s another corporate-shill lie… Their health care is working JUST FINE.

• Ellen

Glenn will be missed very much. He is one of the few people on TV that tells the truth. It’s funny how all these people who don’t like him seem to watch his show. I guess that tells the story.

• Funnystuff

I guess truth is relative depending on which parrellel universe you live in. The only truth he told was that white chalk looks good on black board.

• Tarc

Oh, Ellen’s referring to that special ‘truth’ that only brainwashed conservatives have. It’s the same one that Hamas and Al queida use all the time to keep their sheeple in line.

• j wilkins

I don’t like him, and I don’t watch the show.

• Alex

Let me quote Billy Madison:

what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

• milly

Does that include you Alex? Seeing how u r in this room too?

• Kate

HAHAHAHA

• milly

I agree Ellen. People prefer to be ignorant. That’s hoe Obama got elected

• Tarc

LOL! Palin is how Obama got elected. Abject horror at the thought of that abomination of humanity anywhere near the White House scared even the Repugs.

• anti-Faux News

actually, a significant portion of Obama’s support came from individuals with college degrees. I guess the less educated you are, the more likely you are too believe a morons like Beck and Palin

• mama

Don’t mind the hating trolls.

• char

That’s an oft-heard tag, Mama, “the hating trolls”… except it’s usually said about Rethuglicans and Beck and his ilk. I think the difference is, we progressives don’t actually hate; we’re just completely disgusted with Beck and Hannity and Big Fat Limbaugh and Faux “News” lies. It’s not hate. It’s contempt for liars.

• Michelle

Truth?!? Are you joking? Glenn Beck wouldn’t know the truth if he was beat over the head with it. He is nothing but a hateful man with more issues than I could ever touch on.

Unfortunately, that hate comes from all sides. I don’t dislike Beck because he’s republican. I dislike Beck because of the hate he spreads under the pretense of “news.” What a joke. No tears shed here over his show being cancelled.

• Tarc

Actually, I’m quite sure beck knows the truth – he just gets paid massive amounts of cash to fabricate information to satisfy the needs of his conservative employers. Just like them, Beck really doesn;t belive the things he says… he just is the con man that sells the smokescreen to the cattle.

• kevin

Good riddance to Bad rubbish.

Page: 1 2 3 14