Those who caught HBO’s premiere of Game of Thrones last night were treated to one of the most brilliant title credits we’ve seen in recent years. Created by a company called Elastic, not only does the sequence help orientate viewers to the land of Westeros by displaying a map of the Seven Kingdoms, but its intricate vision of a gameboard coming to life is both thematic and artful (the rousing score is catchy too). Watch the video below, then check out my recap of the premiere episode here.
'Game of Thrones': Watch the brilliant opening credits here -- VIDEO
- Disney sets 'Moana' as '16 animated feature
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' soundtrack on tape
- 'Glee' team's horror comedy a go at Fox
- Bethenny Frankel back on 'Real Housewives'
- 'Simpsons World' app to launch Oct. 21
- 'Mulaney' order cut to 13 episodes
- 'My Little Pony' movie set for 2017
- Taylor Swift previews 'Welcome to New York'
- Jay Leno receives Mark Twain Prize
- Emma Stone in 'Cabaret': First Look photo