Those who caught HBO’s premiere of Game of Thrones last night were treated to one of the most brilliant title credits we’ve seen in recent years. Created by a company called Elastic, not only does the sequence help orientate viewers to the land of Westeros by displaying a map of the Seven Kingdoms, but its intricate vision of a gameboard coming to life is both thematic and artful (the rousing score is catchy too). Watch the video below, then check out my recap of the premiere episode here.
'Game of Thrones': Watch the brilliant opening credits here -- VIDEO
- Peter MacNicol joins 'CSI: Cyber' cast
- 'Expendables 3' leakers sued by Lionsgate
- 'Sin City 2' trailer too sexy for ABC?
- 'Undateable' renewed for season 2
- Kathie Lee Gifford's 'Today' mini-musical?
- Directors push deal for Kodak movie film
- 'Essential *NSYNC' is news to *NSYNC?
- Allison Williams as Peter Pan for NBC
- 'Sharknado 2': 3.9M dive in, a Syfy record
- Jon Stewart's 'Rosewater': Nov. 7