Mother Mary! Mary Steenburgen has signed on to guest star in an episode of Wilfred, FX’s upcoming comedy starring Elijah Wood, EW has learned exclusively. The Oscar-winning Steenburgen (Melvin and Howard) will play Catherine, the mother of Ryan (Wood), a struggling dude who forms a unique relationship with his neighbor’s canine pet: He sees him as a man in a dog suit. Chris Klein, Ed Helms, Rashida Jones, and Jane Kaczmarek will also guest on the series, which debuts in June and is based on the Australian series of the same name.
Mary Steenburgen to play Elijah Wood's mom on FX comedy 'Wilfred' -- EXCLUSIVE
Latest Videos in TV
- President Obama goes 'Between Two Ferns'
- 'Bachelor' finale recap: Bait and ditch
- 'Bachelorette': It's Andi Dorfman
- 'True Detective 2'...with Jimmy Kimmel, Seth Rogen
- 'Anchorman 2': 'Best laugh I've ever seen out of Ferrell'
- Jon Hamm + Jimmy Fallon: Late-night photobombs
- 'How I Met Your Mother' recap: 'Daisy'
- 'Voice': Shakira Jones and the Architect of Destiny
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Bachelor' season finale recap: Bait and Ditch
- Andi Dorfman is the new 'Bachelorette'
- 'True Detective' season finale: What happened? -- SPOILERS
- New 'Game of Thrones' trailer: 'Do you know what they did to my brother? And my mother?' -- VIDEO
- 'True Detective' finale review: Truth, justice, and the satisfying…