Mother Mary! Mary Steenburgen has signed on to guest star in an episode of Wilfred, FX’s upcoming comedy starring Elijah Wood, EW has learned exclusively. The Oscar-winning Steenburgen (Melvin and Howard) will play Catherine, the mother of Ryan (Wood), a struggling dude who forms a unique relationship with his neighbor’s canine pet: He sees him as a man in a dog suit. Chris Klein, Ed Helms, Rashida Jones, and Jane Kaczmarek will also guest on the series, which debuts in June and is based on the Australian series of the same name.
Mary Steenburgen to play Elijah Wood's mom on FX comedy 'Wilfred' -- EXCLUSIVE
- Oscar de la Renta, designer, dies at 82
- Disney sets 'Moana' as '16 animated feature
- 'Fraggle Rock' actor Gerard Parkes dies at 90
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' soundtrack on tape
- 'Glee' team's horror comedy a go at Fox
- 'Mulaney' order cut to 13 episodes
- Bethenny Frankel back on 'Real Housewives'
- 'Simpsons World' app to launch Oct. 21
- 'Sleepy Hollow' casts Max Brown as...?
- 'Arrow' casts Vinnie Jones as villain Brick