NBC is no longer mad about Paul Reiser, pulling The Paul Reiser Show off the air after airing only two episodes. The comedy — which replaced Perfect Couples in the Thursday-at-8:30 p.m. slot and featured the Mad About You star playing himself — drew a meager 3.3 million viewers for its April 14 premiere and was dismissed by critics. Last night’s episode performed even worse, attracting only 2.5 million viewers and earning a 0.9 rating in the 18-to-49 demo. The network currently has no plans to air Reiser‘s remaining episodes, and will show repeats of The Office in its place for the rest of the season.
NBC yanks 'Paul Reiser Show' after only two episodes
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' teaser next week
- 'The Bridge' canceled by FX
- 'Flash,' 'Jane the Virgin' get full seasons
- Disney sets 'Moana' as '16 animated feature
- TLC reality show to look at answered prayers
- Tatiana Maslany to make N.Y. stage debut
- 'Scandal': Michael Trucco as Abby's ex
- 'Deliverance' adapted as a play: EW review
- 'The Room' actors in a mockumentary?
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' soundtrack on tape