NBC is no longer mad about Paul Reiser, pulling The Paul Reiser Show off the air after airing only two episodes. The comedy — which replaced Perfect Couples in the Thursday-at-8:30 p.m. slot and featured the Mad About You star playing himself — drew a meager 3.3 million viewers for its April 14 premiere and was dismissed by critics. Last night’s episode performed even worse, attracting only 2.5 million viewers and earning a 0.9 rating in the 18-to-49 demo. The network currently has no plans to air Reiser‘s remaining episodes, and will show repeats of The Office in its place for the rest of the season.
NBC yanks 'Paul Reiser Show' after only two episodes
- 'Survivor': Eliminated contestant is...
- 'MasterChef' judge Joe Bastianich to exit
- Creed's Scott Stapp to fans: I'm 'penniless'
- 'Assassin's Creed: Unity' fans get an apology
- Drew Carey among CBS 12:35 a.m. fill-ins
- Alfonso Ribeiro wins 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Kevin Smith to cameo in his own biopic
- Joni Mitchell: I nixed film with Taylor Swift
- 'Sherlock' first photo from new special
- 'Hart of Dixie' return moved up to Dec. 15