NBC is no longer mad about Paul Reiser, pulling The Paul Reiser Show off the air after airing only two episodes. The comedy — which replaced Perfect Couples in the Thursday-at-8:30 p.m. slot and featured the Mad About You star playing himself — drew a meager 3.3 million viewers for its April 14 premiere and was dismissed by critics. Last night’s episode performed even worse, attracting only 2.5 million viewers and earning a 0.9 rating in the 18-to-49 demo. The network currently has no plans to air Reiser‘s remaining episodes, and will show repeats of The Office in its place for the rest of the season.
NBC yanks 'Paul Reiser Show' after only two episodes
- 'Sons of Anarchy' wraps; see pics from set
- 'Colbert Report' to end Dec. 18
- Reality TV: A genre running out of steam?
- Jack Kirby credit added to Marvel Comics
- Bob Dylan to release covers album in 2015
- Paul Reubens says Pee-wee movie is on
- Tom Hiddleston, Hugh Laurie series to AMC
- 'Arrested Development': A season 4 remix?
- Netflix: See what's new for November
- 'Game of Thrones' actors sign on for season 7