NBC is no longer mad about Paul Reiser, pulling The Paul Reiser Show off the air after airing only two episodes. The comedy — which replaced Perfect Couples in the Thursday-at-8:30 p.m. slot and featured the Mad About You star playing himself — drew a meager 3.3 million viewers for its April 14 premiere and was dismissed by critics. Last night’s episode performed even worse, attracting only 2.5 million viewers and earning a 0.9 rating in the 18-to-49 demo. The network currently has no plans to air Reiser‘s remaining episodes, and will show repeats of The Office in its place for the rest of the season.
NBC yanks 'Paul Reiser Show' after only two episodes
- 'Hobbit' returns: How big at box office?
- Tina + Amy: Darth Vader has two mommies?
- 'Descendants': Disney villains as parents of teens?
- Golden Globes: 16 snubs that bugged YOU
- 'SNL' audition for black women in L.A.
- 'Scandal'-ous picks for Entertainers of the Year!
- 'Modern Family' boss: Globes noms 'very gratifying'
- Globes: Comedy/Musical? Try Horror/Romance!
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Sons of Anarchy' season finale post-mortem: Burning questions answered
- Lea Michele opens up about Cory Monteith to Ellen DeGeneres
- Golden Globes nominations shocking TV snubs
- '12 Years a Slave' and 'American Hustle' lead Golden Globe nominees
- Beastie Boys sue GoldieBlox for copyright infringement over 'Girls' video