Kevin Costner is going to star and co-produce a scripted miniseries on History channel about the Hatfields and McCoys. The project will chronicle the country’s most famous family feud, two Southern clans who had a falling out after the Civil War that resulted in all-out warfare between the two families and brought Kentucky and West Virginia to the brink of war. The miniseries debuts in 2012. “Everyone knows the legend of the Hatfields-McCoy feud, but few know the true story of what occurred to make the two families become mortal enemies,” Costner said in a statement.
Kevin Costner to star in History miniseries
Latest Videos in TV
- 'True Detective' finale: Talk about it
- HBO GO problems hit 'True Detective'
- 'Resurrection' premiere: Will you return?
- 'Once Upon a Time' recap: 'New York City Serenade'
- 'Cosmos': Past vs. present, toward a better future?
- 'Looking' creator on season 1 finale and beyond
- 'Once Upon a Time': Jennifer Morrison on Emma in Oz
- Lena Dunham hosts 'SNL': 'Girls' night
Top 5 Most Read
- Fox renews 'Mindy Project,' 'The Following,' more
- 'SNL' recap: Lena Dunham is just a girl, standing in front of an audience, asking them to like her
- Jennifer Lawrence's best friend wrote a behind-the-scenes account of Oscars night
- Stacy Keibler marries tech entrepreneur Jared Pobre
- 'Cosmos' then and now: The 'personal voyage' of Carl Sagan,…