Kevin Costner is going to star and co-produce a scripted miniseries on History channel about the Hatfields and McCoys. The project will chronicle the country’s most famous family feud, two Southern clans who had a falling out after the Civil War that resulted in all-out warfare between the two families and brought Kentucky and West Virginia to the brink of war. The miniseries debuts in 2012. “Everyone knows the legend of the Hatfields-McCoy feud, but few know the true story of what occurred to make the two families become mortal enemies,” Costner said in a statement.
Kevin Costner to star in History miniseries
- 'Beyonce': EW music review
- 'SNL' ready: Clips of 11 funny black women
- 12 signs you're watching a Coen brothers pic
- Tina + Amy: Golden Globes plans so far?
- 'My Little Pony' sneak peek: Cutie Mark Crusaders!
- 'Spider-Man' spin-offs: Heroes and villains
- 'Normal Heart': First Look photo
- 'Once Upon a Time' preview: 'Peter Pan never fails'
Top 5 Most Read
- Golden Globes: Alfonso Cuaron on his bumpy 'Gravity' journey and the inaccuracy you never noticed
- Disney Channel plans original movie 'Descendants,' featuring teenage kids of classic villains
- 'Grey's Anatomy' recap: Stand Up and Take It
- Tina Fey and Amy Poehler reveal 'Star Wars VII' roles; J.J. Abrams responds
- 'Scandal' recap: 'The Devil Came In'