Scotty McCreery was done handing out hugs by the time he made it backstage at the Nokia Theater, but his excitement about winning season 10 of American Idol was still crystal clear. EW caught up with him to talk about his friendship with runner-up Lauren Alaina (including those kisses she showered on him), his duet with Tim McGraw, and what his plans are now that the show is over. Watch our exclusive interview below.
Scotty McCreery backstage Q&A after the 'American Idol' finale: 'I'm on top of the world right now.'
- Stephen King's '11/22/63' as Hulu miniseries
- 'Madam Secretary': Big debut in older demo
- 'Game of Thrones': Charles Dance's tease
- N.Y. Times public editor vs. article on Rhimes
- 'South Park' takes aim at 'Redskins' debate
- Colin Farrell: I'm doing 'True Detective 2'
- 'Maze Runner' sequel set for Sept. 2015
- 'The Strain' react: 'The Third Rail'
- 'Into the Woods' names not changing: Disney
- 'Supergirl' series finds a home at CBS