Scotty McCreery was done handing out hugs by the time he made it backstage at the Nokia Theater, but his excitement about winning season 10 of American Idol was still crystal clear. EW caught up with him to talk about his friendship with runner-up Lauren Alaina (including those kisses she showered on him), his duet with Tim McGraw, and what his plans are now that the show is over. Watch our exclusive interview below.
Scotty McCreery backstage Q&A after the 'American Idol' finale: 'I'm on top of the world right now.'
Latest Videos in TV
- Robert Downey Jr. tops Forbes $$ list
- J.K. Rowling plans more Cormoran Strike
- 'Simpsons': All episodes going online
- 'Fargo,' 'Louie' renewed by FX
- 'Apes' overtakes 'Purge' as No. 1 movie
- Paul Potts biopic to debut on Yahoo
- Kanye in GQ: 9 'What'd he say?' quotes
- Former Destiny's Child member arrested