On The Big Bang Theory, Jim Parsons plays someone who would like to believe that he’s ahead of his time. Now on iCarly, he’ll play someone who claims that he actually is. EW has learned that the Emmy-winning actor will guest star on Miranda Cosgrove’s hit Nickelodeon sitcom as Caleb, a psychiatric patient who thinks that he hails from the future. He winds up befriending Carly and Co. when they visit the ward. Parsons, who is currently appearing on Broadway in The Normal Heart, shoots his guest spot today; the episode will air later this year as part of the show’s fourth season. Jane Lynch and Jack Black have also popped up in season 4, which is averaging 6.4 million viewers per episode.
Jim Parsons to guest star on 'iCarly' -- EXCLUSIVE
- 'Honey Boo Boo' canceled by TLC
- Ewan McGregor vs. 'Star Wars' faux fans
- Terry Keenan, Fox News and CNN alum, dies
- 'Thrones': 86,000 answer call for 600 extras
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer: 34.3M views
- Aaron Paul vs. Toys 'R' Us over action figures
- 'Project Runway' winner: 'It's just sinking in'
- J.K. Rowling's new Dolores Umbridge story
- Taylor Swift's '1989': Losing herself in 'pop'?
- Kiera Cass' 'The Heir': See the book cover