The spark might have gone out when it comes to Gene Simmons and Shannon Tweed’s relationship, but Gene Simmons: Family Jewels continues to deliver some sparkling ratings. Last night’s season 7 premiere of the reality show attracted a total of 1.4 million viewers, which was on par with its season 6 premiere in late 2010. The number is at least in part thanks to press surrounding an awkward appearance on Today, during which Tweed regularly insulted Simmons, who she’s been dating for 28 years. Clearly, many viewers appreciate Schadenfreude, tuning in to see the couple’s “unraveling” relationship. See Simmons and Tweed’s interview on Today embedded after the jump.
'Gene Simmons: Family Jewels' posts solid ratings following awkward 'Today' interview
- 'Mockingjay' aims to keep box office crown
- P.D. James, crime novelist, dies at 94
- 'Red Band Society' production halted
- 'Assassin's Creed: Unity' fans get an apology
- 'MasterChef' judge Joe Bastianich to exit
- Netflix: See what's new for December
- Creed's Scott Stapp to fans: I'm 'penniless'
- Drew Carey among CBS 12:35 a.m. fill-ins
- 'Sherlock' first photo from new special
- 'Hart of Dixie' return moved up to Dec. 15