The spark might have gone out when it comes to Gene Simmons and Shannon Tweed’s relationship, but Gene Simmons: Family Jewels continues to deliver some sparkling ratings. Last night’s season 7 premiere of the reality show attracted a total of 1.4 million viewers, which was on par with its season 6 premiere in late 2010. The number is at least in part thanks to press surrounding an awkward appearance on Today, during which Tweed regularly insulted Simmons, who she’s been dating for 28 years. Clearly, many viewers appreciate Schadenfreude, tuning in to see the couple’s “unraveling” relationship. See Simmons and Tweed’s interview on Today embedded after the jump.
'Gene Simmons: Family Jewels' posts solid ratings following awkward 'Today' interview
- Adam Pally to end run as 'Mindy' regular
- Queen Latifah's talk show canceled
- 'Lemony Snicket' writer apologizes for joke
- Cher cancels 'Dressed to Kill' tour dates
- Bill Cosby: Two more women step forward
- Bill Cosby performs at benefit in Bahamas
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': EW movie review
- 'Justified' (Jan. 20), more FX premiere dates
- 'Better Call Saul' gets two-night premiere
- 'Glee' moves to Fridays for final season
- Jon Hamm returning to 'Parks and Recreation'