The spark might have gone out when it comes to Gene Simmons and Shannon Tweed’s relationship, but Gene Simmons: Family Jewels continues to deliver some sparkling ratings. Last night’s season 7 premiere of the reality show attracted a total of 1.4 million viewers, which was on par with its season 6 premiere in late 2010. The number is at least in part thanks to press surrounding an awkward appearance on Today, during which Tweed regularly insulted Simmons, who she’s been dating for 28 years. Clearly, many viewers appreciate Schadenfreude, tuning in to see the couple’s “unraveling” relationship. See Simmons and Tweed’s interview on Today embedded after the jump.
'Gene Simmons: Family Jewels' posts solid ratings following awkward 'Today' interview
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': First trailer's here
- Mayim Bialik to host 'Candid Camera'
- 'Once Upon a Time' casting Prince Hans
- Jessica Biel to guest on 'New Girl'
- Stephen Colbert 'Late Show' in N.Y.
- 'Sinister Six' in '16; 'Spidey 3' in '18
- 'Scandal' role for Portia de Rossi
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5': July 7, 2017