Keith Olbermann responded to complaints that his 63-minute show on Current TV was forcing viewers to choose between his show and that of his protege, MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow. Olbermann’s new program doesn’t go head-to-head with Maddow’s program, but its final three minutes overlap with the first three of Maddow’s at 9 p.m. Three days after essentially saying, “Too bad, it’s a competition,” Olbermann reversed course. “At @current we’ll soon have a 9 PM companion commentary show to mine,” tweeted Olbermann. “But in the interim there is no reason for me to be overlapping with my friend Rachel, nor to ignore the wishes of those who’ve been so loyal to both of us for so long. We’ve heard you: as of tomorrow night Countdown finishes at 9. Bonus stuff will instead go to Countdown Online. Thanks for upsiding my head on this :)”
Keith Olbermann cuts show short for Rachel Maddow
Latest Videos in TV
- 'American Idol' recap: Roll down a familiar road
- '24: Live Another Day': 10 new photos
- 'Clone Wars': Final 13 answer big 'Star Wars' Q's
- 'Reign' react: 'The Consummation'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' shocker: Isaiah Washington back!
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away'
- Aaron Carter + Hilary Duff for Throwback Thursday
- 'Scandal' recap: 'We Do Not Touch the First Ladies'