As if Alcatraz didn’t have enough of a Lost pedigree, the Fox show has tapped Jack Bender to join the show as executive producer and director. Bender directed many of the biggest episodes of Lost — 36 of them, according to IMDb, including the finale. He rejoins former Lost producers J.J. Abrams, Elizabeth Sarnoff and Bryan Burk on the show which, as you recall, co-stars Jorge Garcia (a.k.a. Hurley). But can the show reproduce the success of the ABC hit? The pilot — about former inmates who disappeared 50 years ago coming back into modern day San Francisco and committing crimes — feels closer to the first episode of Fringe than that other island adventure.
'Lost' vet to help produce Fox's 'Alcatraz'
Latest Videos in TV
- Anthony Hopkins joins HBO's 'Westworld'
- Lucy Lawless to visit 'Agents of SHIELD'
- Edgar Wright refocuses on 'Baby Driver'
- 'Ken Jeong Made Me Do It': MTV pilot
- Carrie Preston returning to 'Good Wife'
- Robert Downey Jr. tops Forbes $$ list
- J.K. Rowling plans more Cormoran Strike
- 'Simpsons': All episodes going online