As if Alcatraz didn’t have enough of a Lost pedigree, the Fox show has tapped Jack Bender to join the show as executive producer and director. Bender directed many of the biggest episodes of Lost — 36 of them, according to IMDb, including the finale. He rejoins former Lost producers J.J. Abrams, Elizabeth Sarnoff and Bryan Burk on the show which, as you recall, co-stars Jorge Garcia (a.k.a. Hurley). But can the show reproduce the success of the ABC hit? The pilot — about former inmates who disappeared 50 years ago coming back into modern day San Francisco and committing crimes — feels closer to the first episode of Fringe than that other island adventure.
'Lost' vet to help produce Fox's 'Alcatraz'
- Oscar de la Renta, designer, dies at 82
- 'Dancing With the Stars': See who went home
- Disney sets 'Moana' as '16 animated feature
- 'Fraggle Rock' actor Gerard Parkes dies at 90
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' soundtrack on tape
- Michael C. Hall's 'Hedwig' solid at box office
- 'Simpsons World' app to launch today
- 'Mulaney' order cut to 13 episodes
- 'Glee' team's horror comedy a go at Fox
- 'Sleepy Hollow' casts Max Brown as...?