As if Alcatraz didn’t have enough of a Lost pedigree, the Fox show has tapped Jack Bender to join the show as executive producer and director. Bender directed many of the biggest episodes of Lost — 36 of them, according to IMDb, including the finale. He rejoins former Lost producers J.J. Abrams, Elizabeth Sarnoff and Bryan Burk on the show which, as you recall, co-stars Jorge Garcia (a.k.a. Hurley). But can the show reproduce the success of the ABC hit? The pilot — about former inmates who disappeared 50 years ago coming back into modern day San Francisco and committing crimes — feels closer to the first episode of Fringe than that other island adventure.
'Lost' vet to help produce Fox's 'Alcatraz'
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Scandal' recap: 'The Price of Free and Fair Elections'
- Joss Whedon's 'In Your Eyes': Watch how it starts
- 'American Idol' recap: Alabama shaky
- 'Grey's Anatomy' recap: 'Go It Alone'
- 'Workaholics' guy visits Pawnee
- 'Parenthood' react: 'The Pontiac'
- 'Vampire Diaries' recap: 'Resident Evil'
- George R.R. Martin: Wanna see a full-sized dragon?
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Parks and Recreation' finale: 'Workaholics' star Blake Anderson to guest -- EXCLUSIVE
- 'Scandal' season finale recap: 'I'm the Scandal'
- 'Scandal' finale: Talk about it! -- UPDATED
- Joss Whedon's 'In Your Eyes': Watch the gripping first three minutes before Tribeca -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works