As if Alcatraz didn’t have enough of a Lost pedigree, the Fox show has tapped Jack Bender to join the show as executive producer and director. Bender directed many of the biggest episodes of Lost — 36 of them, according to IMDb, including the finale. He rejoins former Lost producers J.J. Abrams, Elizabeth Sarnoff and Bryan Burk on the show which, as you recall, co-stars Jorge Garcia (a.k.a. Hurley). But can the show reproduce the success of the ABC hit? The pilot — about former inmates who disappeared 50 years ago coming back into modern day San Francisco and committing crimes — feels closer to the first episode of Fringe than that other island adventure.
'Lost' vet to help produce Fox's 'Alcatraz'
- Tina + Amy: Darth Vader has two mommies?
- Portia de Rossi to visit 'Sean Saves the World'
- Golden Globes: 16 snubs that bugged YOU
- 'Grey's Anatomy': A preview from Sarah Drew
- 'Vampire Diaries' midseason finale: What's at stake
- Santa's candid 'Comedy Bang! Bang!' revelation
- Golden Globes: 'Comedy' category becoming a joke
- Golden Globes noms: Who's up/down for Oscars?
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Sons of Anarchy' season finale post-mortem: Burning questions answered
- Beastie Boys sue GoldieBlox for copyright infringement over 'Girls' video
- '12 Years a Slave' and 'American Hustle' lead Golden Globe nominees
- Golden Globes nominations shocking TV snubs
- Lea Michele opens up about Cory Monteith to Ellen DeGeneres