As if Alcatraz didn’t have enough of a Lost pedigree, the Fox show has tapped Jack Bender to join the show as executive producer and director. Bender directed many of the biggest episodes of Lost — 36 of them, according to IMDb, including the finale. He rejoins former Lost producers J.J. Abrams, Elizabeth Sarnoff and Bryan Burk on the show which, as you recall, co-stars Jorge Garcia (a.k.a. Hurley). But can the show reproduce the success of the ABC hit? The pilot — about former inmates who disappeared 50 years ago coming back into modern day San Francisco and committing crimes — feels closer to the first episode of Fringe than that other island adventure.
'Lost' vet to help produce Fox's 'Alcatraz'
- 'Rush Hour,' 2 more pilots ordered by CBS
- 'Chicago P.D.' role for 'Shameless' alum
- Emma Watson as 'Beauty and the Beast' Belle
- Sam Smith's 'Stay With Me' = Tom Petty cash
- Dropkick Murphys vote no on pol using song
- Chris Weitz in as 'Star Wars' film writer: Report
- Cosby accused by ex-film exec Cindra Ladd
- 'Birdman' wins Best Cast at SAG Awards
- Nick Jonas + Ryan Murphy's 'Scream Queens'
- 'Mission: Impossible 5' moves to July 31
- Tom DeLonge: 'I'm not leaving Blink-182'
- 'X-Men' TV series? Fox in early stage talks