Move over Mythbusters: Promoting their upcoming National Geographic show Rocket City Rednecks, a crew of so-called backwoods mad scientists just mentioned at TV critics press tour that they built themselves a working Iron Man suit. We asked Nat Geo for a pic of this and, well, whaddya know — it’s sort of looks like the Iron Man equivalent of the outfits wore by those homemade Batman imposters in The Dark Knight. Designer Travis Taylor says they tested the 200-pound suit and it’s effectively bullet proof (though the network nixed allowing that test to be conducted while somebody was inside the suit), and it’s machine-assisted strength allows a man to curl a keg of beer (though not, presumably, fly … or run … or walk briskly). Cost: $3,000. Here’s the pic: He … is … Iron Man?:
Nat Geo builds real-life Iron Man suit -- EXCLUSIVE PHOTO
Latest Videos in TV
- 'American Idol' recap: Roll down a familiar road
- '24: Live Another Day': 10 new photos
- 'Clone Wars': Final 13 answer big 'Star Wars' Q's
- 'Reign' react: 'The Consummation'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' shocker: Isaiah Washington back!
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away'
- Aaron Carter + Hilary Duff for Throwback Thursday
- 'Scandal' recap: 'We Do Not Touch the First Ladies'