Move over Mythbusters: Promoting their upcoming National Geographic show Rocket City Rednecks, a crew of so-called backwoods mad scientists just mentioned at TV critics press tour that they built themselves a working Iron Man suit. We asked Nat Geo for a pic of this and, well, whaddya know — it’s sort of looks like the Iron Man equivalent of the outfits wore by those homemade Batman imposters in The Dark Knight. Designer Travis Taylor says they tested the 200-pound suit and it’s effectively bullet proof (though the network nixed allowing that test to be conducted while somebody was inside the suit), and it’s machine-assisted strength allows a man to curl a keg of beer (though not, presumably, fly … or run … or walk briskly). Cost: $3,000. Here’s the pic: He … is … Iron Man?:
Nat Geo builds real-life Iron Man suit -- EXCLUSIVE PHOTO
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Survivor' recap: The Spy Who Shacked Me
- 'Arrow' react: 'Seeing Red'
- 'Arrow' boss talks 'Seeing Red' shocker
- 'Jurassic World' First Look: 3 new photos
- Meg Ryan joins 'How I Met Your Dad' as narrator
- 'Nashville' recap: Live From the Ryman
- 'Orange Is the New Black': Watch how season 2 starts
- Avril Lavigne's 'Hello Kitty': Purr-plexed?
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show' 656
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'There isn't a single episode of television I've written that I don't wish I could get back and do again' 500
- Slaves to Love 465
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes 381
- Kenya Get Your Scepter 479
Top 5 Most Read
- 'How I Met Your Mother' spin-off casts Meg Ryan
- 'Jurassic World': See the first images from the set of next summer's dinosaur flick -- EXCLUSIVE
- 'Arrow' post mortem: Boss opens up about the shocking [spoiler]!
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'I feel like I'm just now starting to learn how to write it' -- LISTEN
- A serious attempt to explain Avril Lavigne's 'Hello Kitty' music video