Redemption Island is a scary place to be. One loss and your game is over. But for a challenge dominator like Ozzy Lusth, could going there be the best way to win the game? After all, there’s no better way to get in good with a jury then bonding over being blindsided and uniting against the common foe that voted you out. Is it worth the risk for Ozzy — who is rocking something of a Soundgarden-era Chris Cornell look these days — to be voted out on purpose in the hopes of winning over jury members and winning enough challenges to go back into the game right before the finals (and then collecting all those votes from your new friends)? That question was on the returning player’s mind when we spoke in Samoa the day before filming began on Survivor: South Pacific (premiering Sept. 14 on CBS). “It’s a scary way to play the game,” he acknowledged. But that doesn’t mean he won’t do it. Check out the video player below to see Ozzy’s thoughts behind this controversial strategy. And for more Survivor news and views all season long, follow me on Twitter @EWDaltonRoss.
'Survivor: South Pacific:' Will Ozzy get voted out...on purpose?
Latest Videos in TV
- Lena Dunham on 'SNL': It's 'Girls' night in
- 'True Detective': Fun fan sites
- Oscars: What it's like to go with Jennifer Lawrence
- 'Bachelor': Clare and Juan Pablo find wedding song?
- 'Supernatural' spinoff gets new title
- 'Reign': What did 'uncensored' sex scenes add?
- Stephen Colbert visits Jimmy Fallon: 'Truth or Truth?'
- 'Vampire Diaries': A salute to Katherine
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Reign': Are the uncensored sex scenes all that different?
- Second time around: TV stars who reprised iconic roles
- Fox renews 'Mindy Project,' 'The Following,' more
- Jennifer Lawrence's best friend wrote a behind-the-scenes account of Oscars night
- Dr. Burke returns to 'Grey's Anatomy': What will happen?