Redemption Island is a scary place to be. One loss and your game is over. But for a challenge dominator like Ozzy Lusth, could going there be the best way to win the game? After all, there’s no better way to get in good with a jury then bonding over being blindsided and uniting against the common foe that voted you out. Is it worth the risk for Ozzy — who is rocking something of a Soundgarden-era Chris Cornell look these days — to be voted out on purpose in the hopes of winning over jury members and winning enough challenges to go back into the game right before the finals (and then collecting all those votes from your new friends)? That question was on the returning player’s mind when we spoke in Samoa the day before filming began on Survivor: South Pacific (premiering Sept. 14 on CBS). “It’s a scary way to play the game,” he acknowledged. But that doesn’t mean he won’t do it. Check out the video player below to see Ozzy’s thoughts behind this controversial strategy. And for more Survivor news and views all season long, follow me on Twitter @EWDaltonRoss.
- Oklahoma fund-raiser on NBC May 29
- Fox reality boss Mike Darnell steps down
- Stone Temple Pilots suit vs. Scott Weiland
- Tom Cruise exits 'Man from U.N.C.L.E.'
- 'Arrested Development': Ask the 'kids'
- 'American Idol' mulling alums as judges?
- Mariah Carey swears, dress slips on 'GMA'
- Benedict Cumberbatch in 'Trek' shower?!