When Dateline NBC returns for its 20th season this Friday, it will have a new lead anchor: Lester Holt, previously a Dateline correspondent. As NBC announced today in a press release, Holt — an NBC News fixture who also anchors the weekend editions of NBC Nightly News and Today — replaces Ann Curry, who has already taken over for Meredith Vieira as co-host of Today. The news of Holt’s promotion comes at an evolving moment for NBC News, which recently announced the creation of an original newsmagazine, Rock Center with Brian Williams. Dateline has continued to garner solid ratings on Friday, a night when “solid ratings” earn instant grade inflation to “spectacular.”
Lester Holt replacing Ann Curry as the host of 'Dateline'
- Kate Upton is People 'Sexiest Woman Alive'
- People Magazine Awards: What stars wore
- People Magazine Award winners are...
- 'Parenthood' series finale date: Jan. 29
- Sony quickly pulls YouTube 'Interview' trailer
- Sony hack probe yields clues on method
- 'Serial' finale: Sarah Koenig rests her case
- 'Once Upon a Time' return for Eion Bailey
- 'Team America' screenings canceled
- 'Star Wars VII': 10 things Andy Serkis can say
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks