When Dateline NBC returns for its 20th season this Friday, it will have a new lead anchor: Lester Holt, previously a Dateline correspondent. As NBC announced today in a press release, Holt — an NBC News fixture who also anchors the weekend editions of NBC Nightly News and Today — replaces Ann Curry, who has already taken over for Meredith Vieira as co-host of Today. The news of Holt’s promotion comes at an evolving moment for NBC News, which recently announced the creation of an original newsmagazine, Rock Center with Brian Williams. Dateline has continued to garner solid ratings on Friday, a night when “solid ratings” earn instant grade inflation to “spectacular.”
Lester Holt replacing Ann Curry as the host of 'Dateline'
- 'Birdman' gets six Indie Spirit Award noms
- 'Hart of Dixie' return moved up to Dec. 15
- 'Dancing With the Stars' 3 finalists are...
- 'True Detective' casts 3 in key roles
- Bill Cosby biographer tweets: 'I was wrong'
- George Eads exiting 'CSI'
- Idina Menzel announces world tour
- 'Oz' Cowardly Lion costume sells for $3M
- 'Star Wars VII' trailer debuts this weekend
- 'Constantine' production halted by NBC