“It’s a beautiful day at the track.” That’s the first line uttered in the teaser trailer for HBO’s latest crime saga, the racetrack drama Luck, which debuted during last night’s second season premiere of Boardwalk Empire. Of course, despite some beautifully shot scenes of horses on a racetrack (the show, is, after all, at the hands of Heat‘s Michael Mann and Deadwood‘s David Milch), it appears what’s going on outside the arena is anything but. Dustin Hoffman stars as a crime boss who has recently been released from prison after three years and is not happy about his lost time. (Not sure if we’ve ever seen Hoffman flip over a table before this!) The teaser clip doesn’t give too much else away about the plot or the rest of the impressive cast (including Nick Nolte and Dennis Farina), but the show looks like it has the same winning pedigree as some of HBO’s other classics. (See: snippets of sex, greed, and violence.) Watch the full clip below. And they’re off…
'Luck' be a teaser trailer: Dustin Hoffman and Nick Nolte hit the races in dark horse drama
- 'Dancing With the Stars' season 19 champ is...
- 'The Voice': Two eliminated singers are...
- 'Insurgent' music gig to Joseph Trapanese
- Joel McHale's 'Comments Section' pilot at E!
- 'Birdman' gets six Indie Spirit Award noms
- 'Hart of Dixie' return moved up to Dec. 15
- Bill Cosby biographer tweets: 'I was wrong'
- George Eads exiting 'CSI'
- 'Oz' Cowardly Lion costume sells for $3M
- 'Star Wars VII' trailer debuts this weekend