“It’s a beautiful day at the track.” That’s the first line uttered in the teaser trailer for HBO’s latest crime saga, the racetrack drama Luck, which debuted during last night’s second season premiere of Boardwalk Empire. Of course, despite some beautifully shot scenes of horses on a racetrack (the show, is, after all, at the hands of Heat‘s Michael Mann and Deadwood‘s David Milch), it appears what’s going on outside the arena is anything but. Dustin Hoffman stars as a crime boss who has recently been released from prison after three years and is not happy about his lost time. (Not sure if we’ve ever seen Hoffman flip over a table before this!) The teaser clip doesn’t give too much else away about the plot or the rest of the impressive cast (including Nick Nolte and Dennis Farina), but the show looks like it has the same winning pedigree as some of HBO’s other classics. (See: snippets of sex, greed, and violence.) Watch the full clip below. And they’re off…
'Luck' be a teaser trailer: Dustin Hoffman and Nick Nolte hit the races in dark horse drama
- 'Sons of Anarchy' wraps; see pics from set
- 'Colbert Report' to end Dec. 18
- Reality TV: A genre running out of steam?
- Jack Kirby credit added to Marvel Comics
- Bob Dylan to release covers album in 2015
- Paul Reubens says Pee-wee movie is on
- Tom Hiddleston, Hugh Laurie series to AMC
- 'Arrested Development': A season 4 remix?
- Netflix: See what's new for November
- 'Game of Thrones' actors sign on for season 7