Pauly D's 'Jersey Shore' spin-off to premiere after 'Punk'd' -- EXCLUSIVE
The man who believes his face should be in the dictionary next to the phrase ‘too much swag’ is about to get his chance to shine: MTV will premiere Pauly D’s Jersey Shore spin-off, appropriately titled The Pauly D Project, on March 29 at 10:30 p.m. The series will take viewers away from Seaside Heights as Mr. Delvecchio pursues his DJ dreams, scoring a record contract with 50 Cent’s G-Note Records and opening for Britney Spears on her “Femme Fatale” tour, all while palling around with his closest friends from his home state of Rhode Island.
The Pauly D Project will help to fill the void left by Jersey Shore, which wraps up its fifth season with a finale on March 15 and a reunion special a week later. The first half of that 10 o’clock hour on Thursdays will become a joke, literally: Punk’d will make its return after nearly a five-year absence. (Punk’d, by the way, was previously announced to be premiering on Feb. 19.) The hidden-camera prank show will no longer be hosted by Ashton Kutcher (though he continues to serve as executive producer), and instead features a rotation of guest hosts, including Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus, and Kellan Lutz. Khloe Kardashian Odom and Demi Lovato are among this year’s targets.
Latest Videos in TV
- 'True Detective' finale: Talk about it
- 'Walking Dead' recap: 'Alone'
- HBO GO problems hit 'True Detective'
- 'Once Upon a Time' recap: 'New York City Serenade'
- 'Amazing Race' recap: 'Welcome to the Jungle'
- 'Once Upon a Time': Jennifer Morrison on Emma in Oz
- 'Cosmos': Past vs. present, toward a better future?
- 'Good Wife' recap: 'Parallel Construction, Bitches'