The Whitney Houston tribute/ratings capitalization game is in full swing, with multiple networks readying programs honoring the late artist. With last night’s Grammy Awards spiking to its biggest audience since 1984, and 7 of the top 10 albums on Amazon featuring songs by Houston this morning, it seems likely that more shows will be announced. Here’s your rundown so far:
– VH1 will air Whitney Houston: Death of a Diva tonight at 9:30 p.m. hosted by Janell Snowden. Plus, the network will air VH1 News Presents Whitney Houston’s Greatest Moments on Thursday at 11 p.m. VH1 and VH1 Classic are also heavily airing Houston videos.
– E! will air the E! News special: Whitney Houston: Last Days of a Legend. Hosted by Giuliana Rancic, the special will chronicle the events leading up to and immediately after Houston’s untimely death. Airs Wednesday, Feb. 15 at 9 p.m.
– Lifetime will air the Whitney Houston and Kevin Costner film The Bodyguard tonight at 8 p.m.
– OWN will air a special two hour Remembering Whitney: The Oprah Interview of the singer’s last in-depth TV interview from The Oprah Winfrey Show back in 2009. The program will air Thursday at 9 p.m.
– Fox’s American Idol might have a Houston tribute this week. Host Ryan Seacrest said on the Grammys red carpet yesterday that producers are trying to figure out an appropriate homage.
– MTV News is pulling from 27-years of video archives for an upcoming tribute on Whitney Houston’s life “in her own words” to air later this week. More details to follow on that…