Dolphins are often portrayed by Hollywood as the gentle geniuses of the sea. (See: Flipper. Um, don’t see: The Day of the Dolphin.) So we’ve been more than curious to check out Ricky Gervais’ take on the magical marine mammal, which will be unveiled on Sunday’s episode of Family Guy. The comedian—who also stars in the HBO comedy Life’s Too Short, debuting the same night — is voicing Billy Finn, a pun-loving dolphin who seems to enjoy tormenting Peter, who accidentally fished him out of the water. To get a preview of Billy and go behind the scenes of Gervais’ recording session, click on the video below. As it turns out, Gervais is not only a huge fan of the animated Fox comedy, he has “always wanted to play an annoying dolphin.” Warning: Video contains a naked Peter and several related insults from Billy (“Do you hear the word morbidly a lot?”).
'Family Guy': See Ricky Gervais as a wisecracking dolphin who ridicules Peter -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
- Oscar de la Renta, designer, dies at 82
- 'Dancing With the Stars': See who went home
- Disney sets 'Moana' as '16 animated feature
- 'Fraggle Rock' actor Gerard Parkes dies at 90
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' soundtrack on tape
- 'Simpsons World' app to launch today
- 'Mulaney' order cut to 13 episodes
- 'Glee' team's horror comedy a go at Fox
- 'Sleepy Hollow' casts Max Brown as...?
- 'Arrow' casts Vinnie Jones as villain Brick