EW has confirmed that High School Musical 3 alum Matt Prokop is set to join Modern Family in a guest role, as originally reported by Zap2it. The actor will play a love interest for star Sarah Hyland, his off-screen girlfriend. The couple met during auditions for HSM3 when which Prokop was cast as Troy Bolton’s (Zac Efron) eager admirer Jimmie “The Rocket” Zara. They have also appeared together in ensemble comedy Conception, Disney TV movie Geek Charming, and Struck by Lightning, the upcoming film written by and starring Glee‘s Chris Colfer.
'High School Musical' 3 star guests on 'Modern Family'
Latest Videos in TV
- '12 Years' writer John Ridley on buzz over Oscar speech
- 'Cosmos': Past vs. present, toward a better future?
- Lana Parrilla previews 'Once Upon a Time'
- Lena Dunham hosts 'SNL': 'Girls' night
- Oscars: What it's like to go with Jennifer Lawrence
- 'Amazing Race': Phil Keoghan previews Malaysia
- Seth MacFarlane: Inside the new 'Cosmos' ship
- 'Bachelor': Juan Pablo, we've seen this move before...
Top 5 Most Read
- Fox renews 'Mindy Project,' 'The Following,' more
- 'SNL' recap: Lena Dunham is just a girl, standing in front of an audience, asking them to like her
- Jennifer Lawrence's best friend wrote a behind-the-scenes account of Oscars night
- Stacy Keibler marries tech entrepreneur Jared Pobre
- 'Cosmos' then and now: The 'personal voyage' of Carl Sagan,…