HBO is starting to unveil its marketing art for season 2 of Game of Thrones. The network is rolling out a series of “fan ads” representing each of the major houses during the “War of Five Kings” — the name given to chaotic scrambling for power in the wake of King Robert Baratheon’s death. Here’s the first, featuring the sigil of House Stark. Looks like one big pelt (and for those who missed it, here’s the latest season 2 trailer):
'Game of Thrones' new art: Bloody direwolf
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Survivor' result: Talk about it!
- 'Arrow' react: 'The Man Under the Hood'
- 'Simpsons' First Look: Homer meets Lego Homer!
- 'Vampire Diaries': Paul Wesley nixes shirtless Stefan
- 'Dawson's Creek': Kevin Williamson on how it ended
- 'Friends': The one about making the finale final
- '30 Rock': What made Liz Lemon's sendoff so sweet?
- 'X-Men' trailer: Retro-Sentinels and...the Dude?!
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Fast & Furious 7': Paul Walker's brothers joining production
- 'Game of Thrones': Joffrey wedding crowns new piracy record
- Tina Fey and Robert Carlock on '30 Rock' finale, and why they screened 'iCarly'
- 'Game of Thrones': Jack Gleeson talks royal wedding shocker -- EXCLUSIVE
- Kevin Williamson looks back at the 'Dawson's Creek' series finale: The art of saying goodbye