HBO is starting to unveil its marketing art for season 2 of Game of Thrones. The network is rolling out a series of “fan ads” representing each of the major houses during the “War of Five Kings” — the name given to chaotic scrambling for power in the wake of King Robert Baratheon’s death. Here’s the first, featuring the sigil of House Stark. Looks like one big pelt (and for those who missed it, here’s the latest season 2 trailer):
'Game of Thrones' new art: Bloody direwolf
- Stephen King's '11/22/63' as Hulu miniseries
- 'Madam Secretary': Big debut in older demo
- N.Y. Times public editor vs. article on Rhimes
- 'South Park' takes aim at 'Redskins' debate
- Colin Farrell: I'm doing 'True Detective 2'
- 'Maze Runner' sequel set for Sept. 2015
- 'The Strain' react: 'The Third Rail'
- 'Ray Donovan' react: 'Rodef'
- 'Into the Woods' names not changing: Disney
- 'Supergirl' series finds a home at CBS