After the sudden, inglorious exit of rabble-rousing pundit Keith Olbermann from Current TV last Thursday, Viewpoint With Eliot Spitzer debuted the next night in Olbermann’s former time slot to ominous ratings. The former New York governor’s program scored only 47,000 viewers total, slightly more than a quarter of the network’s March average for that time slot. In the make-or-break 25-54 demographic, Viewpoint landed only 10,000 viewers. The network previously bungled promotion for the show when they encouraged fans to follow Spitzer on Twitter. Spitzer does not have a Twitter account.
Eliot Spitzer tanks in Keith Olbermann's old time slot
- 'Sopranos': Tony dead? David Chase says...
- Shonda Rhimes to guest on 'Mindy Project'
- Charlie Hunnam circles King Arthur role
- Stephen Lee, character actor, dies at 58
- Mark Gatiss back for more 'Game of Thrones'
- Homer Simpson takes Ice Bucket Challenge
- 'Survivor': MLB alum John Rocker to play
- 'Glee' plans New Directions for Rachel
- 'Once Upon a Time' gig for 'True Blood' fave
- 'Simpsons' marathon: 11 gems this week