EW has confirmed that Catherine Keener and her Synecdoche, New York director Charlie Kaufman will pair up for the first time on the small screen for an upcoming HBO comedy series. As Deadline first reported, the show sounds typically Kaufman-esque as Keener’s character grapples with reality throughout the course of one day in her life. Keener will also produce the series, and Kaufman will executive produce, write, and direct. After a four -year break post-Synecdoche, Keener and Kaufman are also signed on to work together on Frank or Francis, starring Steve Carell and Jack Black.
May 22 2012 01:03 PM ET
Catherine Keener, Charlie Kaufman develop HBO comedy
- Danielle Bradbery deal with Big Machine
- 'Voice': Danielle Bradbery wins season 4
- Doug Savant to guest on 'Rizzoli & Isles'
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson: Shakespeare in N.Y.
- 'Veronica Mars': Max Greenfield's in
- 'Way Way Back' featurette: First Look
- Kanye... or Lucille Bluth: Who said it?
- Aubrey Plaza + Jake Johnson in music vid