It’s a familiar story: A group of outsiders with special powers bands together under adverse circumstances. Only the British series Misfits is not your mother’s Avengers. Sub in orange jumpsuits for spandex and the power to drive people to sexual frenzy for the Hulk smash, and you’ve got this BAFTA-winning crossover hit. EW can exclusively reveal that Logo will be first to televise Misfits in America. Dubbing the series “the mutant offspring of True Blood and X-Men,” the network will roll out the six-episode first season starting July 19. Below, get your first glimpse of the Misfits and a video teaser of the first season.
Misfits follows five 20-somethings grappling to use their new-found powers for good deeds or good times. They are:
- Curtis Donovan (Nathan Stewart-Jarrett, front) can rewind time.
- Simon Bellamy (Iwan Rheon) has the power of invisibility.
- Nathan Young (Robert Sheehan) appears unchanged… or is he?
- Kelly Bailey (Lauren Socha) is a telepath.
- Alisha Bailey (Antonia Thomas) sends others to sexual ecstasy with a mere touch.
Misfits debuts July 19 at 10 p.m. ET.
Trailer Court: New fall TV previews judged! — UPDATED
Joss Whedon picks his ‘Buffy’ Top 10 — What are YOUR FAVORITES?
Controversial ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race’ queen Willam explains disqualification: ‘My husband was coming to bang me out’ — UPDATED