Here’s a polarizing piece of marketing art: To promote the second season of Starz’ Boss, the network has put the supporting cast on meat hooks in the show’s new key art. The poster is set in a meat locker, with Kelsey Grammer’s ruthless mayor Tom Kane rolling up his sleeves to go to work on his minions and rivals. The tagline — “Power Consumes Everyone” — connects to the image, sort of, if you think about it. Clunky Photoshop or catchy marketing? You decide:
'Boss' ad puts cast on meat hooks: Crass or catchy? -- PHOTO
- 'Amazing Race' recap: And the winners are...
- 'Gravity,' 'Her' share L.A. Critics' top prize
- '12 Years a Slave': Best Pic for Boston, N.Y. critics
- 'SNL' recap: 'Anchorman 2' and the boys
- 'Frozen' is weekend's No. 1 movie: $31.6M
- Kennedy Center Honors: D.C. salutes five artists
- 'Bonnie & Clyde': Nico Vega goes 'Bang Bang'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' lingerie line in Sweden
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Amazing Race' recap: The Final Frontier
- 'Homeland' recap: Loose Cannons
- 'Once Upon a Time' recap: Pain and Pan-ic
- Los Angeles Film Critics Awards: 'Gravity' ties with 'Her' for Best Picture, James Franco ties with Jared Leto
- 'SNL' recap: Paul Rudd brings a parade of surprise guest stars -- VIDEO