Monday’s star-pro pairings caused me to slightly tweak my prediction for how DWTS‘ season 15 sparkaliens will finish. Has your own ranking changed now that we know which of Our Pros will accompany Our All-Stars? Check out my list below, then chime in with your own.
Will the recapper please reveal her scores? Barrett Ann-Inahhhhhh-ber!
1. Gilles Marini and Peta Murgatroyd (pictured)
2. Emmitt Smith and Cheryl Burke
3. Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
4. Shawn Johnson and Derek Hough
5. Apolo Anton Ohno and Karina Smirnoff
6. Drew Lachey and Anna Trebunskya
7. Joey Fatone and Kym Johnson
8. Kelly Monaco and Valentin Chmerkovskiy
9. Melissa Rycroft and Tony Dovolani
10. Pamela Anderson and Tristan MacManus
11. Bristol Palin and Mark Ballas
12. Helio Castroneves and Chelsie Hightower
Here’s how I ranked them a few weeks ago (click that for an in-depth explanation of why, at the time):
1. Gilles Marini (season 8 runner-up)
2. Apolo Anton Ohno (season 4 winner)
3. Kirstie Alley (season 12 runner-up)
4. Emmitt Smith (season 3 winner)
5. Drew Lachey (season 2 winner)
6. Shawn Johnson (season 8 winner)
7. Kelly Monaco (season 1 winner):
8. Bristol Palin (third place in season 11)
9. Melissa Rycroft (third place in season 8)
10. Helio Castroneves (season 5 winner)
11. Joey Fatone (season 4 runner-up)
12. Pamela Anderson (eliminated week 7, season 10)
So my new ranking’s not too far off from my original ranking. Key differences:
–I think Shawn’s in a much better position now that she’s partnered with Derek.
–Joey and Kym had a very fun vibe that I don’t think viewers will want to lose too soon.
–I’m guessing Tristan’s following could keep Pam Anderson around a few weeks…..
–I had Bristol much higher before; I’ve reconsidered because (hopefully) this season should demand a higher technical dance ability.
–Envisioning an NFL star heading home before the finals was probably a mistake; plus, Emmit’s with his original partner, Cheryl.
–Helio and Chelsie are both adorable and hard-working, but I get the feeling they’re the season’s cannon fodder.
–Apolo moved down in the new ranking. Even though I really like him with Karina, I haven’t noticed many readers who seem excited.
–Kelly Monaco’s a total wild card in my mind. I still have her somewhere in the middle, but am I overestimating her soap opera fan base?
(Speaking of wild cards, you have until Aug. 24 to vote for either Carson Kressley, Sabrina Bryan, or Kyle Massey to join the cast.)
The biggest question for me: Will Gilles and Peta mesh, personality-wise? I know a lot of you wanted to see Gilles with Cheryl again, but I actually like the idea of him gunning for the glitter globe with someone else. Many fans seem upset that the partners who’d previously worked together would be at an advantage. But if that’s the overwhelming sentiment, maybe the new pairings will actually have the edge because voters will consider them the underdogs.
Who knows?! Only Lord Mirrorballus, and he’s still on vacation in the South of France. With Bruno. I’m under strict instructions not to bug them until September.
Rank the season 15 couples yourself in the comments!
PHOTO GALLERY: Conrad Green helps Annie handicap the ‘All-Star’ couples
‘DWTS: Live in Las Vegas’ recap: Come for the heavage, stay for Carson Kressley
Tom Bergeron chats with Annie about season 14 — EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
‘Dancing With the Stars': Your Hidden Gems of the season 14 finals!