The Tonight Show with Jay Leno laid off 20 employees, following its first full week of post-Olympic shows. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Comcast (the company that owns NBC) has been evaluating the network’s assets. According to a source familiar with the situation, Leno, who reportedly makes $30 million annually, took a pay cut as well. It is still unclear which of the 150-200 staffers were cut or the specific reason.
'Tonight Show' lays off 20 staffers and Leno takes a pay cut
- 'Dancing With the Stars': See who went home
- Kevin Smith: Thank 'Tusk' for 'Clerks 3'
- Stephen Chbosky 'Beauty and the Beast' gig
- 'Chicago Fire,' 'P.D.,' 'SVU' in crossover
- Netflix additions: 10 we like in October
- 'Simpsons' character dies; producer says...
- Amanda Bynes arrested for DUI
- Marvel and Jack Kirby family settle lawsuit
- 'Scorpion' react: 'Single Point of Failure'
- 'Atlanta Exes' season 1: How it ended