The Tonight Show with Jay Leno laid off 20 employees, following its first full week of post-Olympic shows. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Comcast (the company that owns NBC) has been evaluating the network’s assets. According to a source familiar with the situation, Leno, who reportedly makes $30 million annually, took a pay cut as well. It is still unclear which of the 150-200 staffers were cut or the specific reason.
'Tonight Show' lays off 20 staffers and Leno takes a pay cut
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Game of Thrones' adds 9 to cast
- Kenny Johnson returns to 'Bates Motel'
- Bryan Singer: A sex abuse suit dismissed
- Comic-Con, Day 1: What's new in comics
- 'Outlander' trailer debuts at Comic-Con
- Christopher Nolan's first Comic-Con
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': First trailer's here
- Megan Fox: 'Turtles' nixed 'girl power'