The Tonight Show with Jay Leno laid off 20 employees, following its first full week of post-Olympic shows. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Comcast (the company that owns NBC) has been evaluating the network’s assets. According to a source familiar with the situation, Leno, who reportedly makes $30 million annually, took a pay cut as well. It is still unclear which of the 150-200 staffers were cut or the specific reason.
'Tonight Show' lays off 20 staffers and Leno takes a pay cut
- 'Dancing With the Stars' season 19 champ is...
- 'The Voice': Two eliminated singers are...
- 'Insurgent' music gig to Joseph Trapanese
- Joel McHale's 'Comments Section' pilot at E!
- 'Birdman' gets six Indie Spirit Award noms
- 'Hart of Dixie' return moved up to Dec. 15
- Bill Cosby biographer tweets: 'I was wrong'
- George Eads exiting 'CSI'
- 'Oz' Cowardly Lion costume sells for $3M
- 'Star Wars VII' trailer debuts this weekend