The Tonight Show with Jay Leno laid off 20 employees, following its first full week of post-Olympic shows. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Comcast (the company that owns NBC) has been evaluating the network’s assets. According to a source familiar with the situation, Leno, who reportedly makes $30 million annually, took a pay cut as well. It is still unclear which of the 150-200 staffers were cut or the specific reason.
'Tonight Show' lays off 20 staffers and Leno takes a pay cut
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Captain America 2' back at No. 1, hits $200M total
- 'Godzilla' promo: See the monster roar
- 'Orphan Black' recap: Only the Clonely
- 'Orphan Black' showrunners on THAT return...
- 'Orphan Black' shocker: Tatiana Maslany says...
- Acts of God: 12 TV/movie Jesuses
- 20 big-time pop culture bunnies
- 20 'high-rated' stoner flicks
Top 5 Most Read
- New 'Godzilla' trailer: See the monster roar -- VIDEO
- Mara Wilson has 'no interest' in 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel
- 'Orphan Black': The creators discuss the shocking return of [SPOILER]
- Neil Patrick Harris yells at fan during 'Hedwig' performance
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes