The Tonight Show with Jay Leno laid off 20 employees, following its first full week of post-Olympic shows. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Comcast (the company that owns NBC) has been evaluating the network’s assets. According to a source familiar with the situation, Leno, who reportedly makes $30 million annually, took a pay cut as well. It is still unclear which of the 150-200 staffers were cut or the specific reason.
'Tonight Show' lays off 20 staffers and Leno takes a pay cut
Latest Videos in TV
- President Obama goes 'Between Two Ferns'
- 'Bachelor' finale recap: Bait and ditch
- 'Bachelorette': It's Andi Dorfman
- Jon Hamm + Jimmy Fallon: Late-night photobombs
- 'How I Met Your Mother' recap: 'Daisy'
- 'Voice': Shakira Jones and the Architect of Destiny
- 'Believe': First impressions?
- Patrick Duffy on 'sex-starved' Bobby in 'Dallas'
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Bachelor' season finale recap: Bait and Ditch
- Andi Dorfman is the new 'Bachelorette'
- 'True Detective' season finale: What happened? -- SPOILERS
- New 'Game of Thrones' trailer: 'Do you know what they did to my brother? And my mother?' -- VIDEO
- 'True Detective' finale review: Truth, justice, and the satisfying…