The Tonight Show with Jay Leno laid off 20 employees, following its first full week of post-Olympic shows. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Comcast (the company that owns NBC) has been evaluating the network’s assets. According to a source familiar with the situation, Leno, who reportedly makes $30 million annually, took a pay cut as well. It is still unclear which of the 150-200 staffers were cut or the specific reason.
'Tonight Show' lays off 20 staffers and Leno takes a pay cut
- Cher cancels 'Dressed to Kill' tour dates
- Adam Pally to end run as 'Mindy' regular
- Tina Fey-produced series to Netflix from NBC
- Bill Cosby: Two more women step forward
- 'Justified' (Jan. 20), more FX premiere dates
- 'Lemony Snicket' writer apologizes for joke
- 'Better Call Saul' gets two-night premiere
- Queen Latifah's talk show canceled
- Jon Hamm returning to 'Parks and Recreation'
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': EW movie review