The Tonight Show with Jay Leno laid off 20 employees, following its first full week of post-Olympic shows. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Comcast (the company that owns NBC) has been evaluating the network’s assets. According to a source familiar with the situation, Leno, who reportedly makes $30 million annually, took a pay cut as well. It is still unclear which of the 150-200 staffers were cut or the specific reason.
Aug 18 2012 01:01 PM ET
'Tonight Show' lays off 20 staffers and Leno takes a pay cut
- 'Celeb Apprentice': Mr. Trump has hired...
- Billboard Music Awards: 2013 winners are...
- R.Pattz and K.Stew call it quits: People
- Yahoo to buy Tumblr for $1.1B: Report
- 'Star Trek' rules at box office: $70.6M
- 'SNL': All Stefon's 'N.Y.'s hottest clubs'
- 'Doctor Who' season end: Hi, my name is...
- 'Inside Llewyn Davis': Cannes review