The Tonight Show with Jay Leno laid off 20 employees, following its first full week of post-Olympic shows. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Comcast (the company that owns NBC) has been evaluating the network’s assets. According to a source familiar with the situation, Leno, who reportedly makes $30 million annually, took a pay cut as well. It is still unclear which of the 150-200 staffers were cut or the specific reason.
'Tonight Show' lays off 20 staffers and Leno takes a pay cut
- Peter MacNicol joins 'CSI: Cyber' cast
- 'Expendables 3' leakers sued by Lionsgate
- 'Sin City 2' trailer too sexy for ABC?
- 'Undateable' renewed for season 2
- Kathie Lee Gifford's 'Today' mini-musical?
- Directors push deal for Kodak movie film
- 'Essential *NSYNC' is news to *NSYNC?
- Allison Williams as Peter Pan for NBC
- 'Sharknado 2': 3.9M dive in, a Syfy record
- Jon Stewart's 'Rosewater': Nov. 7