Cinemax has renewed Strike Back, its action-thriller series about a covert counterterrorism unit, for a third season. The cable network ordered 10 new episodes of the show, which stars Philip Winchester and Sullivan Stapleton as elite special forces soldiers fighting global terrorists. In season, 2, which wraps up on Oct. 12, their Section 20 team is tracking a ruthless businessman who’s got his hands on some nukes. You’d think Winchester and Stapleton are sure things to return for season 3, but Cinemax didn’t announce who officially would be back in order not to spoil the upcoming finale. (Bum-BUMMMM!)
'Strike Back' renewed for third season
- 'Survivor': MLB alum John Rocker to play
- Chris Soules is the new 'Bachelor'
- Emmys 2014: And the winners are...
- Homer Simpson takes Ice Bucket Challenge
- 'Covert Affairs': Inside finale's traitor reveal
- Chloe Grace Moretz: Piracy KO'd 'Kick-Ass 3'
- Sarah Paulson talks two-headed 'AHS' role
- 'Flash' poster art contains Easter eggs
- Sara Bareilles' 'Smile' for Emmy In Memoriam
- 'Chicago P.D.': Markie Post as Lindsay's mom