Cinemax has renewed Strike Back, its action-thriller series about a covert counterterrorism unit, for a third season. The cable network ordered 10 new episodes of the show, which stars Philip Winchester and Sullivan Stapleton as elite special forces soldiers fighting global terrorists. In season, 2, which wraps up on Oct. 12, their Section 20 team is tracking a ruthless businessman who’s got his hands on some nukes. You’d think Winchester and Stapleton are sure things to return for season 3, but Cinemax didn’t announce who officially would be back in order not to spoil the upcoming finale. (Bum-BUMMMM!)
'Strike Back' renewed for third season
Latest Videos in TV
- 'True Detective' finale: Talk about it
- HBO GO problems hit 'True Detective'
- 'Resurrection' premiere: Will you return?
- 'Once Upon a Time' recap: 'New York City Serenade'
- 'Cosmos': Past vs. present, toward a better future?
- 'Looking' creator on season 1 finale and beyond
- 'Once Upon a Time': Jennifer Morrison on Emma in Oz
- Lena Dunham hosts 'SNL': 'Girls' night
Top 5 Most Read
- Fox renews 'Mindy Project,' 'The Following,' more
- 'SNL' recap: Lena Dunham is just a girl, standing in front of an audience, asking them to like her
- Jennifer Lawrence's best friend wrote a behind-the-scenes account of Oscars night
- Stacy Keibler marries tech entrepreneur Jared Pobre
- 'Cosmos' then and now: The 'personal voyage' of Carl Sagan,…