The Price is Right has named its very first male model, striking a blow for Plinko-related gender-equality everywhere. Twenty-four-year-old Rob Wilson—the frontrunner in EW’s own poll—demonstrated the blank smile and awkward stance necessary to show off wood-paneled hot tubs and karaoke machines, beating out hundreds of other similarly qualified hopefuls. Wilson’s stint starts Oct. 15 and will last for at least one week, marking a break in the CBS game show’s 40-year history of exclusively female models.
'The Price is Right' picks its first male model
- Joe Cocker dies: Celeb tributes on Twitter
- 'Interview' 'will be distributed': Sony lawyer
- George R.R. Martin: I'll show 'The Interview'
- N.Y. theater sets live-read of 'The Interview'
- 'Hobbit' wins at weekend box office: $56.2M
- 'SNL' host poll: How'd Amy Adams do?
- Mike Myers makes surprise visit to 'SNL'
- 'Mythbusters' on new format, cast changes
- 'Hannibal': Michael Pitt out, Joe Anderson in
- 'Colbert Report' has immortal, all-star finale
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks