The film SEAL Team Six: The Raid on Osama Bin Laden doesn’t premiere on the National Geographic Channel until Nov. 4, but it’s already making headlines for a pre-election airdate and an edit to include more news and documentary footage of President Obama. (National Geographic, director John Stockwell, and distributor/Obama supporter Harvey Weinstein have insisted the timing and recutting aren’t politically motivated but instead an effort to beat Kathryn Bigelow’s similarly-themed big-screen Zero Dark Thirty to the punch while helping to promote NGC’s fall schedule and to ground the project in realism.) In our exclusive clip below of the SEALs training for the mission, featuring Anson Mount and Robert Knepper, Obama audio is used to set the scene.
'SEAL Team Six' training montage -- EXCLUSIVE CLIP
- Aaron Paul vs. Toys 'R' Us over action figures
- 'Project Runway': And the winner is...
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer: 5 takeaways
- 'Game of Thrones': 7 rumors debunked
- Kiera Cass' 'The Heir': See the book cover
- AMC to acquire 49.9 percent of BBC America
- CMT doubles up on 'Party Down South'
- Christian Bale as Steve Jobs, says Sorkin
- Will Smith brings 'Hitch' comedy series to Fox
- Edward Norton reflects on not being the Hulk