The film SEAL Team Six: The Raid on Osama Bin Laden doesn’t premiere on the National Geographic Channel until Nov. 4, but it’s already making headlines for a pre-election airdate and an edit to include more news and documentary footage of President Obama. (National Geographic, director John Stockwell, and distributor/Obama supporter Harvey Weinstein have insisted the timing and recutting aren’t politically motivated but instead an effort to beat Kathryn Bigelow’s similarly-themed big-screen Zero Dark Thirty to the punch while helping to promote NGC’s fall schedule and to ground the project in realism.) In our exclusive clip below of the SEALs training for the mission, featuring Anson Mount and Robert Knepper, Obama audio is used to set the scene.
'SEAL Team Six' training montage -- EXCLUSIVE CLIP
- 'Interview' 'will be distributed': Sony lawyer
- 'Hobbit' wins at weekend box office: $56.2M
- Mike Myers makes surprise visit to 'SNL'
- Sony hires real-life inspiration for Olivia Pope
- 'Hannibal': Michael Pitt out, Joe Anderson in
- Madonna releases six tracks from 2015 album
- 'Amazing Race' season 25 winners are...
- Obama: 'A mistake' to pull 'The Interview'
- 'Colbert Report' has immortal, all-star finale
- 'Game of Thrones' refashions Arya's look
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks