Anderson Cooper's talk show ending

Anderson-cooper.jpg

Hurricane Sandy has nothing to do with this: After two seasons, Anderson Cooper’s daytime talk show will come to an end.

Syndicator Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution confirmed Monday morning that Anderson will fold its tent after the current season and not seek a renewal from stations. “We are extremely proud of Anderson and the show that he and the entire production team have produced,” said WB and producer Telepictures in a statement. “While we made significant changes to the format, set and produced it live in its second season, the series will not be coming back for a third season in a marketplace that has become increasingly difficult to break through.”

Cooper joined the post-Oprah daytime land rush last year and, like other personalities such as Jeff Probst and Katie Couric who have similarly launched daytime shows, had a tough time gaining traction. Producers tried to give Anderson a boost this fall by making changes to the show’s format, such as going live. Cooper, of course, will continue his primetime CNN duties.

“I am very proud of the work that our terrific staff has put into launching and sustaining our show for two seasons,” Cooper said in a statement. “I am also grateful to Telepictures for giving me the opportunity, and indebted to viewers, who have responded so positively. I look forward to doing more great shows this season, and though I’m sorry we won’t be continuing, I have truly enjoyed it.”

Latest Videos in TV

Advertisement

TV Recaps

Powered by WordPress.com VIP