Firing Ann Curry. Was she the greatest morning show co-anchor ever? No. But she was no Deborah Norville, circa 1990, either. Viewers recognized she didn’t have the chops, but they also knew a nice gal when they saw one — which made her public ouster all the more painful to watch since it was happening right in front of their sleep-filled eyes. Nasty leaks to the press about NBC looking to make a change forced Curry to submit a tearful resignation on the air, which only prompted folks to like her more — and to watch Today less.
Top 10 TV blunders of 2012
- Fox yanks 'Utopia' from Tuesday schedule
- 'Sherlock Holmes' silent from 1916 discovered
- 'Agents of SHIELD' role for Tim DeKay
- 'Sing-Off' returning to NBC for season 5
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' cast adds two
- Alyssa Milano exits ABC's 'Mistresses'
- 'Twilight Saga': 5 short films on Facebook
- 'Selfie' premiere ratings: Little to 'like'
- Harry Potter fan sets Guinness World Record
- Yvette Nicole Brown exits 'Community'