Firing Ann Curry. Was she the greatest morning show co-anchor ever? No. But she was no Deborah Norville, circa 1990, either. Viewers recognized she didn’t have the chops, but they also knew a nice gal when they saw one — which made her public ouster all the more painful to watch since it was happening right in front of their sleep-filled eyes. Nasty leaks to the press about NBC looking to make a change forced Curry to submit a tearful resignation on the air, which only prompted folks to like her more — and to watch Today less.
Top 10 TV blunders of 2012
- Taylor Swift reveals '1989' track list
- 'John Carter' rights lapse at Disney
- 'Bewitched' revival lands at NBC
- 'Goodfellas' actor sues 'Simpsons' for $250M
- 'Shark Tank' spin-off a go at ABC
- 'Red Band Society': Fox orders 4 more scripts
- Morena Baccarin joining 'Gotham' as...
- Edward Norton reflects on not being the Hulk
- S Club 7 to reunite for BBC charity gig
- Matthew McConaughey saluted at L.A. gala