Firing Ann Curry. Was she the greatest morning show co-anchor ever? No. But she was no Deborah Norville, circa 1990, either. Viewers recognized she didn’t have the chops, but they also knew a nice gal when they saw one — which made her public ouster all the more painful to watch since it was happening right in front of their sleep-filled eyes. Nasty leaks to the press about NBC looking to make a change forced Curry to submit a tearful resignation on the air, which only prompted folks to like her more — and to watch Today less.
Top 10 TV blunders of 2012
Latest Videos in TV
- Jessica Biel to guest on 'New Girl'
- 'Once Upon a Time' casting Prince Hans
- Stephen Colbert 'Late Show' in N.Y.
- Whitney Houston's mom vs. biopic
- 'Sinister Six' in '16; 'Spidey 3' in '18
- 'Scandal' role for Portia de Rossi
- Michelle Fairley joins 'Resurrection'
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5': July 7, 2017
- 'Simpsons': All episodes going online