Firing Ann Curry. Was she the greatest morning show co-anchor ever? No. But she was no Deborah Norville, circa 1990, either. Viewers recognized she didn’t have the chops, but they also knew a nice gal when they saw one — which made her public ouster all the more painful to watch since it was happening right in front of their sleep-filled eyes. Nasty leaks to the press about NBC looking to make a change forced Curry to submit a tearful resignation on the air, which only prompted folks to like her more — and to watch Today less.
Top 10 TV blunders of 2012
- 'Bachelorette': Andi's choice is...
- 'Goldfinch' movie rights go to...
- 'Once Upon a Time' casts Hans, Pabbie
- 'Hobbit': New 'Five Armies' teaser
- Lea Michele to guest on 'Sons of Anarchy'
- 'Avengers 2' props shown at Comic-Con
- Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman: First photo
- 'Agents of SHIELD': Sexy new character
- 'Arrow': Season 3 big bad is...