Firing Ann Curry. Was she the greatest morning show co-anchor ever? No. But she was no Deborah Norville, circa 1990, either. Viewers recognized she didn’t have the chops, but they also knew a nice gal when they saw one — which made her public ouster all the more painful to watch since it was happening right in front of their sleep-filled eyes. Nasty leaks to the press about NBC looking to make a change forced Curry to submit a tearful resignation on the air, which only prompted folks to like her more — and to watch Today less.
Top 10 TV blunders of 2012
- 'Manhattan Love Story' canceled by ABC
- 'Ouija' is Friday's No. 1 movie: $8.3M
- Jack Bruce, bassist for Cream, dies at 71
- Rainn Wilson's Vine series: Curtis Lepore out
- 'Constantine' off to modest start in ratings
- Ewan McGregor vs. 'Star Wars' faux fans
- 'Honey Boo Boo' canceled by TLC
- Billy Boyd song for next 'Hobbit' end-credits
- 'Thrones': 86,000 answer call for 600 extras
- 'Project Runway' winner: 'It's just sinking in'