[SPOILER ALERT IF YOU DON’T WANT KNOW DETAILS ABOUT THE SEASON FINALE OF AMERICAN HORROR STORY: ASYLUM]
EW was lucky enough to have screened next week’s season finale of American Horror Story: Asylum and can reveal that it will go down as one of the best episodes of the mini-series’ second run, if not THE BEST. An epic, cinematic climax that packs a real emotional wallop, “Madness Ends” gives viewers a glimpse at the fates of AHS: Asylum‘s three leads: Lana (Sarah Paulson), Kit (Evan Peters), and Jude (Jessica Lange). All three actors are phenomenal, with Paulson in particular delivering a stellar performance that spans nearly 40 years and truly establishes Lana Winters as the heart of AHS: Asylum. Here are six teases from the must-watch hour, airing next Wednesday at 10pm on FX.
- Four major characters die in the season finale but the Angel of Death (Frances Conroy) only appears to one of them.
- Adam Levine’s Leo and Jenna Dewan-Tatum’s Teresa return and we learn how Leo lost his arm in the first episode.
- The whereabouts of the taped confession by Thredson (Zachary Quinto) to Lana will be revealed.
- New love interests are introduced for two of the characters and one couple even has a wedding.
- Look for one final alien abduction.
- U2 lead singer Bono is cleverly involved in the final hour and Jude’s favorite tune “Dominique” is played for the last time.
‘American Horror Story’: Ryan Murphy teases next week’s finale, ‘There’s only one person left standing’ — EXCLUSIVE
‘American Horror Story’ recap: Whatever Happened To Happily Ever After?
‘American Horror Story’: Ryan Murphy on Dylan McDermott’s shocking opening scene and even more clues to season 3 — EXCLUSIVE
Follow Tim on Twitter: @EWTimStack