Fox orders another mob pilot, plus one from 'Justified' scribe
Fox is hoping Justified Executive Producer Graham Yost can make some drama on a U.S. aircraft carrier.
The network has ordered Wild Blue, a drama from Yost and EP Mark Johnson that focuses on the 6,000 men and women who serve on the carrier. The pilot, written by Taylor Elmore, is a collision of “ER, The West Wing and Top Gun,” Fox describes. All it needs is a good Kenny Loggins song!
Fox also ordered a pilot from Imagine and 20th Century Fox TV called Gang Related. Penned by Chris Morgan, the pilot that’s similar to The Departed follows a gang member who is sent in to infiltrate the San Francisco Police Department As he rises through the ranks, he must balance his obligations to his crime family with an increasing sense of loyalty to his new “family” – the SFPD’s Gang Task Force.
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Arrow' react: 'Seeing Red'
- 'Arrow' boss talks 'Seeing Red' shocker
- 'Survivor': Exiting player is...
- Meg Ryan joins 'How I Met Your Dad' as narrator
- 'Jurassic World' First Look: 3 new photos
- 'John From Cincinnati': Why not ready for Prime time?
- TV clip shows: 5 all-time standouts
- 'Mean Girls' star comes out in letter to his character
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show' 651
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'There isn't a single episode of television I've written that I don't wish I could get back and do again' 494
- Slaves to Love 464
- The Man Who Could Not Stand Still 508
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes 381
Top 5 Most Read
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'I feel like I'm just now starting to learn how to write it' -- LISTEN
- 'Friends' creators Marta Kauffman and David Crane look back at the finale -- and why they won't do a reunion show
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show'
- HBO makes huge Amazon Prime deal: See which shows are going online
- 'Jurassic World': See the first images from the set of next summer's dinosaur flick -- EXCLUSIVE