Fox orders another mob pilot, plus one from 'Justified' scribe
Fox is hoping Justified Executive Producer Graham Yost can make some drama on a U.S. aircraft carrier.
The network has ordered Wild Blue, a drama from Yost and EP Mark Johnson that focuses on the 6,000 men and women who serve on the carrier. The pilot, written by Taylor Elmore, is a collision of “ER, The West Wing and Top Gun,” Fox describes. All it needs is a good Kenny Loggins song!
Fox also ordered a pilot from Imagine and 20th Century Fox TV called Gang Related. Penned by Chris Morgan, the pilot that’s similar to The Departed follows a gang member who is sent in to infiltrate the San Francisco Police Department As he rises through the ranks, he must balance his obligations to his crime family with an increasing sense of loyalty to his new “family” – the SFPD’s Gang Task Force.
Latest Videos in TV
- 'True Detective' finale: Talk about it
- 'Walking Dead' recap: 'Alone'
- HBO GO problems hit 'True Detective'
- 'Once Upon a Time' recap: 'New York City Serenade'
- 'Amazing Race' recap: 'Welcome to the Jungle'
- 'Once Upon a Time': Jennifer Morrison on Emma in Oz
- 'Cosmos': Past vs. present, toward a better future?
- 'Good Wife' recap: 'Parallel Construction, Bitches'
Top 5 Most Read
- Fox renews 'Mindy Project,' 'The Following,' more
- 'SNL' recap: Lena Dunham is just a girl, standing in front of an audience, asking them to like her
- Jennifer Lawrence's best friend wrote a behind-the-scenes account of Oscars night
- Stacy Keibler marries tech entrepreneur Jared Pobre
- 'Cosmos' then and now: The 'personal voyage' of Carl Sagan,…