Pitch: Based on bestselling trilogy about a world where love is deemed illegal and is able to be eradicated with a special procedure. With 95 days to go until her scheduled treatment, Lena Holoway (Emma Roberts) does the unthinkable: She falls in love.
Why It Should Have Worked: Big online following; has that Hunger Games vibe.
Why It Didn’t: Deemed “too young” for Fox’s audience. I know — Fox could have concluded that from reading the book and saved everybody the trouble. But there’s a difference between being youthful on paper and the resulting pilot feeling too young.
10 shocking pilot season rejects: Why they didn't make it
(Page 4 of 10)
Latest Videos in TV
- Gwen Stefani + 'The Voice'? Sound good to you?
- Clones! Doppelgangers! Twins! 23 movie/TV multiples
- 'Lost' series finale: Carlton Cuse looks back
- Record Store Day: Droolworthy discs
- George R.R. Martin: Wanna see a full-sized dragon?
- Natalie Dormer talks Margaery (and a little Cressida)
- 'Office' series finale: Handled with Carell
- 'Animal': Feast your eyes on horror poster/trailer
Top 5 Most Read
- George R.R. Martin reveals what a full-sized dragon looks like
- 'Game of Thrones' Natalie Dormer teases what's next for Margaery
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- 'The Office' creator Greg Daniels reflects on finale: How they hid Steve Carell from NBC