Pitch: Based on bestselling trilogy about a world where love is deemed illegal and is able to be eradicated with a special procedure. With 95 days to go until her scheduled treatment, Lena Holoway (Emma Roberts) does the unthinkable: She falls in love.
Why It Should Have Worked: Big online following; has that Hunger Games vibe.
Why It Didn’t: Deemed “too young” for Fox’s audience. I know — Fox could have concluded that from reading the book and saved everybody the trouble. But there’s a difference between being youthful on paper and the resulting pilot feeling too young.
10 shocking pilot season rejects: Why they didn't make it
(Page 4 of 10)
- 'Wizard of Oz' series nixed at NBC
- 'Schoolhouse Rock' special coming to ABC
- 'Sleepy Hollow' to stream at Hulu Plus
- 'Dating Naked' sued for failure to blur
- Niecy Nash joins 'The Mindy Project'
- 'Hateful Eight': Know them by name
- 'Parks and Rec' role for Rachel Dratch
- Jim Parsons talks 'Big Bang,' Emmys
- Lena Dunham shares quick 'Girls' teaser
- Paul Reubens to play 'Blacklist' baddie