Pitch: Based on bestselling trilogy about a world where love is deemed illegal and is able to be eradicated with a special procedure. With 95 days to go until her scheduled treatment, Lena Holoway (Emma Roberts) does the unthinkable: She falls in love.
Why It Should Have Worked: Big online following; has that Hunger Games vibe.
Why It Didn’t: Deemed “too young” for Fox’s audience. I know — Fox could have concluded that from reading the book and saved everybody the trouble. But there’s a difference between being youthful on paper and the resulting pilot feeling too young.
10 shocking pilot season rejects: Why they didn't make it
(Page 4 of 10)
- 'Dancing With the Stars': See who went home
- 'True Detective 2': Colin Farrell, Vince Vaughn
- Christina Applegate to visit 'Web Therapy'
- Whitley Strieber's 'Alien Hunter' as Syfy series
- Lena Dunham has some advice for you
- 'Gotham,' 'Big Bang' start strong in ratings
- 'Once Upon a Time' had Jamie Dornan plans
- 'Agent Carter': Shea Whigham in key role
- 'Game of Thrones': Charles Dance's tease
- N.Y. Times public editor vs. article on Rhimes