Pitch: Based on bestselling trilogy about a world where love is deemed illegal and is able to be eradicated with a special procedure. With 95 days to go until her scheduled treatment, Lena Holoway (Emma Roberts) does the unthinkable: She falls in love.
Why It Should Have Worked: Big online following; has that Hunger Games vibe.
Why It Didn’t: Deemed “too young” for Fox’s audience. I know — Fox could have concluded that from reading the book and saved everybody the trouble. But there’s a difference between being youthful on paper and the resulting pilot feeling too young.
10 shocking pilot season rejects: Why they didn't make it
(Page 4 of 10)
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Agents of SHIELD': 'The Only Light in the Darkness'
- Stephen Colbert visits 'Late Show': Watch a clip
- 'Fargo' recap: 'The Rooster Prince'
- 'Supernatural' spin-off: First trailer
- Neil Patrick Harris on B'way in 'Hedwig': EW review
- 'Mindy Project' recap: An officer and a gynecologist
- 'Voice' recap: And then there were 10
- 'Faking It' series premiere: MTV's faux lesbians
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Friends' creators Marta Kauffman and David Crane look back at the finale -- and why they won't do a reunion show
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'I feel like I'm just now starting to learn how to write it' -- LISTEN
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show'
- 'Fast & Furious 7': Vin Diesel posts photo with Paul Walker's brothers
- Courteney Cox shuts down talk of 'Friends' reunion on 'Letterman' -- VIDEO