Pitch: Based on bestselling trilogy about a world where love is deemed illegal and is able to be eradicated with a special procedure. With 95 days to go until her scheduled treatment, Lena Holoway (Emma Roberts) does the unthinkable: She falls in love.
Why It Should Have Worked: Big online following; has that Hunger Games vibe.
Why It Didn’t: Deemed “too young” for Fox’s audience. I know — Fox could have concluded that from reading the book and saved everybody the trouble. But there’s a difference between being youthful on paper and the resulting pilot feeling too young.
10 shocking pilot season rejects: Why they didn't make it
(Page 4 of 10)
- Chris Weitz in as 'Star Wars' film writer: Report
- Cosby accused by ex-film exec Cindra Ladd
- Nick Jonas + Ryan Murphy's 'Scream Queens'
- Emma Watson as 'Beauty and the Beast' Belle
- Dropkick Murphys vote no on pol using song
- 'Mission: Impossible 5' moves to July 31
- 'Birdman' wins Best Cast at SAG Awards
- Tom DeLonge: 'I'm not leaving Blink-182'
- Sam Smith's 'Stay With Me' = Tom Petty cash
- Melissa Rivers sues Joan Rivers' docs, clinic
- 'Chicago P.D.' role for 'Shameless' alum
- 'X-Men' TV series? Fox in early stage talks