Pitch: Drama based on Swedish detective series of same name about an overweight, offensive irascible cop (Rainn Wilson) as he tries and fails to change his self-destructive behavior.
Why It Should Have Worked: It’s Dr. House-as-detective and based on a proven format.
Why It Didn’t: Deemed good, but not good enough. Wilson was convincing in a dramatic role and made Dr. House look soft-hearted by comparison. Still, CBS originally tried to cast Hugh Laurie and it’s hard to imagine the network passing on this if he was attached. Both this and NCIS LA: RED still had the faintest of pulses last time we checked.
10 shocking pilot season rejects: Why they didn't make it
(Page 6 of 10)
- 'Simpsons' to air 24 hours a week on FXX
- Joan Rivers 'resting comfortably': Daughter
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Outlaw Pete' as book
- Miley Cyrus' VMA date deals with '11 warrant
- Apple event set for Sept. 9: iPhone 6?
- 'Arrow' role for 'Glee' alum Nolan Funk
- 'Star Wars VII' resumes filming in U.K.
- 'Longmire' axed by A&E after three seasons
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are married
- 'Sopranos': Tony dead? David Chase says...