Pitch: Drama based on Swedish detective series of same name about an overweight, offensive irascible cop (Rainn Wilson) as he tries and fails to change his self-destructive behavior.
Why It Should Have Worked: It’s Dr. House-as-detective and based on a proven format.
Why It Didn’t: Deemed good, but not good enough. Wilson was convincing in a dramatic role and made Dr. House look soft-hearted by comparison. Still, CBS originally tried to cast Hugh Laurie and it’s hard to imagine the network passing on this if he was attached. Both this and NCIS LA: RED still had the faintest of pulses last time we checked.
10 shocking pilot season rejects: Why they didn't make it
(Page 6 of 10)
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Agents of SHIELD': 'The Only Light in the Darkness'
- Stephen Colbert visits 'Late Show': Watch a clip
- 'Fargo' recap: 'The Rooster Prince'
- 'Supernatural' spin-off: First trailer
- Neil Patrick Harris on B'way in 'Hedwig': EW review
- 'Mindy Project' recap: An officer and a gynecologist
- 'Voice' recap: And then there were 10
- 'Faking It' series premiere: MTV's faux lesbians
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Friends' creators Marta Kauffman and David Crane look back at the finale -- and why they won't do a reunion show
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'I feel like I'm just now starting to learn how to write it' -- LISTEN
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show'
- 'Fast & Furious 7': Vin Diesel posts photo with Paul Walker's brothers
- Courteney Cox shuts down talk of 'Friends' reunion on 'Letterman' -- VIDEO