Pitch: Drama based on Swedish detective series of same name about an overweight, offensive irascible cop (Rainn Wilson) as he tries and fails to change his self-destructive behavior.
Why It Should Have Worked: It’s Dr. House-as-detective and based on a proven format.
Why It Didn’t: Deemed good, but not good enough. Wilson was convincing in a dramatic role and made Dr. House look soft-hearted by comparison. Still, CBS originally tried to cast Hugh Laurie and it’s hard to imagine the network passing on this if he was attached. Both this and NCIS LA: RED still had the faintest of pulses last time we checked.
10 shocking pilot season rejects: Why they didn't make it
(Page 6 of 10)
- Jennifer Lawrence nude pics, others hacked?
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' is No. 1 movie again
- 'Downton' teaser: 'The world is changing'
- 'Arrow' teases Oliver and Felicity kiss
- 'Doctor Who': Sam Anderson on his debut
- 'New Girl' has a new guy: Julian Morris
- 'Arrow' casts Amy Gumenick as Cupid
- 'Reign' portrait: Mary, Francis, Mary's legs
- 'Longmire' axed by A&E after three seasons
- San Diego tax nix; Comic-Con's next move?