Pitch: Drama based on Swedish detective series of same name about an overweight, offensive irascible cop (Rainn Wilson) as he tries and fails to change his self-destructive behavior.
Why It Should Have Worked: It’s Dr. House-as-detective and based on a proven format.
Why It Didn’t: Deemed good, but not good enough. Wilson was convincing in a dramatic role and made Dr. House look soft-hearted by comparison. Still, CBS originally tried to cast Hugh Laurie and it’s hard to imagine the network passing on this if he was attached. Both this and NCIS LA: RED still had the faintest of pulses last time we checked.
10 shocking pilot season rejects: Why they didn't make it
(Page 6 of 10)
- Matt Damon 'Bourne' again? Buzz he's in talks
- Apple website helps delete U2's 'gift'
- 'Flash' back: Amanda Pays in as Tina McGee
- Robin Thicke testifies: Vicodin, alcohol issues
- 'WKRP in Cincinnati' DVD restores music
- Luke Perry joins 'CSI: Cyber' cast
- 'SNL' adds N.Y. comic Pete Davidson to cast
- 'SNL': Mike O'Brien returns as writer only
- 'Django' actress vs. treatment by LAPD
- Nicole Kidman's father dies in accident