Pitch: A sexy gothic soap set in present day that weaves together a mythology that incorporates the legends of Dracula, Jekyll and Hyde, Frankenstein and Dorian Gray, among others. Chris Egan, Tom Ellis and Melissa George star.
Why It Should Have Worked: It’s like Once Upon a Time, but with legendary monsters instead of fairy tale characters.
Why It Didn’t: Was told “the production values weren’t there.” Or, as one person hilariously put it: “It looked Canadian.”
10 shocking pilot season rejects: Why they didn't make it
(Page 7 of 10)
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Orphan Black'/Criminally Underrated gems: EW cover
- 'Orphan Black' exclusive: Three clones in one photo!
- 'Glee' recap: 'City of Angels'
- 'Veronica Mars': 10 essential episodes
- Chris Harrison's 'Bachelor' blog: 'After the Final Rose'
- 'SNL' extra: Vanessa Bayer's 'Partition' dance
- Neil Patrick Harris' 'Hedwig': 'can't phone this one in'
- 'Originals' react: 'Farewell to Storyville'
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Flash' first full body costume photo
- This Week's Cover: Angelina Jolie is 'Maleficent'! An exclusive in-depth interview
- Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor' finale and 'After the Final Rose'
- 'Game of Thrones' team: 7 seasons is the plan
- 'Between Two Ferns' director Scott Aukerman on how they got Obama to laugh at himself