Pitch: A young ensemble comedy that is created, written by and starring one of the hottest young stand ups, John Mulaney, and based loosely on his life.
Why It Should Have Worked: This show could be the next Seinfeld!
Why It Didn’t: Some in the industry who liked the pilot were surprised this didn’t get picked up. I’m told “comedy geeks” loved the script, but the executive brass did not. Timing could have been an issue. NBC is embracing a “family theme” for its comedies next fall, moving away from smarter-narrower-snarkier titles.
10 shocking pilot season rejects: Why they didn't make it
(Page 9 of 10)
- Cher cancels 'Dressed to Kill' tour dates
- Adam Pally to end run as 'Mindy' regular
- Tina Fey-produced series to Netflix from NBC
- Bill Cosby: Two more women step forward
- 'Justified' (Jan. 20), more FX premiere dates
- 'Lemony Snicket' writer apologizes for joke
- 'Better Call Saul' gets two-night premiere
- Queen Latifah's talk show canceled
- Jon Hamm returning to 'Parks and Recreation'
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': EW movie review