Pitch: A young ensemble comedy that is created, written by and starring one of the hottest young stand ups, John Mulaney, and based loosely on his life.
Why It Should Have Worked: This show could be the next Seinfeld!
Why It Didn’t: Some in the industry who liked the pilot were surprised this didn’t get picked up. I’m told “comedy geeks” loved the script, but the executive brass did not. Timing could have been an issue. NBC is embracing a “family theme” for its comedies next fall, moving away from smarter-narrower-snarkier titles.
10 shocking pilot season rejects: Why they didn't make it
(Page 9 of 10)
- Lily Rabe's 'AHS: Asylum' nun in 'Freak Show'
- 'Survivor' eliminated contestant is...
- Suge Knight, Katt Williams arrested
- Kyra Sedgwick in HBO comedy about ex-nun
- Metallica residency on 'Late Late Show'
- Netflix: See what's new for November
- Kurt Sutter back at 'SOA,' minus appendix
- 'Avengers,' 'Black Panther': Marvel 'Phase 3'
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' peek on 'SHIELD'
- 'Agent Carter' gets its first teaser