Pitch: A young ensemble comedy that is created, written by and starring one of the hottest young stand ups, John Mulaney, and based loosely on his life.
Why It Should Have Worked: This show could be the next Seinfeld!
Why It Didn’t: Some in the industry who liked the pilot were surprised this didn’t get picked up. I’m told “comedy geeks” loved the script, but the executive brass did not. Timing could have been an issue. NBC is embracing a “family theme” for its comedies next fall, moving away from smarter-narrower-snarkier titles.
10 shocking pilot season rejects: Why they didn't make it
(Page 9 of 10)
- 'American Horror Story: Coven' recap: 'Head'
- Ryan Murphy talks 'AHS: Coven': Is (SPOILER) dead?
- 'Survivor' recap: Drawing a line in the sand
- 'Nashville' recap: 'Tomorrow Never Comes'
- 'Arrow' execs talk big midseason finale twists
- 'Arrow' react: 'Three Ghosts'
- 'Sing-Off' react: B.Y.O.P(artyPuns).
- 'Top Chef' recap: Emotional eaters
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Sons of Anarchy' season finale post-mortem: Burning questions answered
- 'Britney Jean' nets Britney Spears her worst opening week ever; Garth Brooks and Duck Dynasty carry on
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show: Taylor Swift Wishes
- 'Nashville' midseason finale cliffhanger: Who died?
- 'Arrow' mid-season finale post-mortem: Scoop on all those surprises!