As Breaking Bad prepares to unveil its final batch of episodes, wouldn’t you like to venture into the lab to see how its complex, addictive formula is created? On July 29, Sundance Channel, in partnership with Entertainment Weekly, presents the premiere episode of its new series The Writers’ Room that shines a light on the dark AMC drama about a cancer-sticken high school chemistry teacher who becomes a scary meth lord. Series creator Vince Gilligan, star Bryan Cranston, and three other writer-producers share the inspirations, rituals, and secrets behind one of TV’s most acclaimed series. Check out a sample below, in which Cranston discusses his animalistic desire to tackle the role of Walter White. The second half of season 5 of Breaking Bad begins Aug. 11.
'The Writers' Room': Bryan Cranston on why he wanted to play Walter White in 'Breaking Bad' -- VIDEO
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Veronica Mars': 10 essential episodes
- Jaimie Alexander previews 'Agents of SHIELD'
- 'Flash': First look at full-body costume
- Justin Bieber: 'Ordinary People' dance with Selena?
- President Obama goes 'Between Two Ferns'
- SXSW Music 2014: 20 on the verge
- 'Bachelor' finale recap: Bait and ditch
- 'Bachelorette': It's Andi Dorfman