Alec Baldwin is in advanced discussions to host a weekly primetime show on MSNBC, according to a source familiar with the negotiations. As reported by Mediaite, Baldwin would get the 10 p.m. slot on Fridays. Baldwin, who’s had a long, fruitful relationship with NBC that extends to his seven seasons on 30 Rock and multiple appearances on Saturday Night Live, would seem like an ideal addition to MSNBC’s progressive politics. Articulate and pugnacious, Baldwin has frequently expressed his desire for an actual political career, and hosting a political talk show seems like an opportunity to play to both his strengths. The learning curve wouldn’t be too difficult: he already hosts a popular podcast, Here’s the Thing, that features him interviewing artists, political figures, and celebrities.
Alec Baldwin in talks to host MSNBC show
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Bachelor' finale recap: Bait and ditch
- 'Bachelorette': It's Andi Dorfman
- 'How I Met Your Mother' recap: 'Daisy'
- 'Voice': Shakira Jones and the Architect of Destiny
- 'Believe': First impressions?
- Cristin Milioti: 'HIMYM' buzz on Mother's fate 'crazy'
- 'True Detective' creator Nic Pizzolatto talks finale
- 'True Detective' season 1 finale: Our verdict