Alec Baldwin is in advanced discussions to host a weekly primetime show on MSNBC, according to a source familiar with the negotiations. As reported by Mediaite, Baldwin would get the 10 p.m. slot on Fridays. Baldwin, who’s had a long, fruitful relationship with NBC that extends to his seven seasons on 30 Rock and multiple appearances on Saturday Night Live, would seem like an ideal addition to MSNBC’s progressive politics. Articulate and pugnacious, Baldwin has frequently expressed his desire for an actual political career, and hosting a political talk show seems like an opportunity to play to both his strengths. The learning curve wouldn’t be too difficult: he already hosts a popular podcast, Here’s the Thing, that features him interviewing artists, political figures, and celebrities.
Alec Baldwin in talks to host MSNBC show
- J.K Rowling's new Dolores Umbridge story
- Aaron Paul vs. Toys 'R' Us over action figures
- Lauren Graham set for new 'Odd Couple'
- 'Project Runway': And the winner is...
- 'Project Runway: Threads': A mini-me spin-off
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer: 5 takeaways
- 'Game of Thrones': 7 rumors debunked
- 'Thrones': 86,000 answer call for 600 extras
- Josh Radnor in 'Disgraced': EW stage review
- Kiera Cass' 'The Heir': See the book cover