Alec Baldwin is in advanced discussions to host a weekly primetime show on MSNBC, according to a source familiar with the negotiations. As reported by Mediaite, Baldwin would get the 10 p.m. slot on Fridays. Baldwin, who’s had a long, fruitful relationship with NBC that extends to his seven seasons on 30 Rock and multiple appearances on Saturday Night Live, would seem like an ideal addition to MSNBC’s progressive politics. Articulate and pugnacious, Baldwin has frequently expressed his desire for an actual political career, and hosting a political talk show seems like an opportunity to play to both his strengths. The learning curve wouldn’t be too difficult: he already hosts a popular podcast, Here’s the Thing, that features him interviewing artists, political figures, and celebrities.
Alec Baldwin in talks to host MSNBC show
Latest Videos in TV
- Gwen Stefani + 'The Voice'? Sound good to you?
- Clones! Doppelgangers! Twins! 23 movie/TV multiples
- 'Lost' series finale: Carlton Cuse looks back
- Record Store Day: Droolworthy discs
- George R.R. Martin: Wanna see a full-sized dragon?
- Natalie Dormer talks Margaery (and a little Cressida)
- 'Office' series finale: Handled with Carell
- 'Animal': Feast your eyes on horror poster/trailer
Top 5 Most Read
- George R.R. Martin reveals what a full-sized dragon looks like
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes
- 'Game of Thrones' Natalie Dormer teases what's next for Margaery
- 'Parks and Recreation' finale: 'Workaholics' star Blake Anderson to guest -- EXCLUSIVE
- Lindsay Lohan says 'sex list' is real, but there's an unfortunate reason…