WINNER: Sharks! Syfy’s fish-flinging horror-comedy Sharknado stirred up a gale force of 5,000 tweets per minute and repeat airings improbably got more popular; meanwhile Discovery caught record ratings for the 26th edition of Shark Week by airing straight-faced documentaries that were totally fiction, like one about biologists on the hunt for the extinct megladon. Lesson: Fake sharks > real ones.
10 summer TV winners and losers
(Page 5 of 10)
- 'Sing-Off' EW/Google+ Hangout: It's on!
- Carrie Underwood tweet on 'Sound of Music' critics?
- Kennedy: 'Independents' day for ex-MTV VJ
- 'Community' season 5: First trailer is here!
- 'SNL': Tim Meadows vs. 'Brasky' snub
- 'Fifty Shades' pic: Anastasia kisses Christian
- 'Her,' '12 Years a Slave' on AFI's 10 best list
- 'Anarchy': Maggie Siff on 'Gemma-like' Tara
Top 5 Most Read
- Bob Barker returning to 'Price Is Right,' first promo
- 'Community': Check out the first trailer for season 5 -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race': Check out the sickening season 6 supertease and meet the queens -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
- 'The Amazing Race' recap: The Final Frontier
- New 'Fifty Shades' pic shows Ana kissing Christian -- PHOTO