It’s war! Next week broadcasters shove the bulk of their new shows into the spotlight and anxiously count how many viewers show up to watch. Even in this era of heavy DVR use, a show’s time slot still matters plenty — just ask NBC’s Revolution, which was hugely boosted whenever it ran behind original episodes of The Voice last season (or any show that runs against The Voice, for that matter). Here are six of the most interesting new top time-period battles this fall — and who we think will win.
Fall TV: Six toughest time slot battles (and which show will win)
- Tyler James Williams joins CBS spinoff series
- 'Steve Jobs' finalizes cast, begins filming
- Christopher Reeve's son joins 'SportsCenter'
- Katie Holmes back on TV in 'Ray Donovan'
- Benedict Cumberbatch apology for remark
- 'Togetherness' renewed by HBO for season 2
- 'Game of Thrones' IMAX ticket sales surge
- David Tennant cast as 'Jessica Jones' villain
- Emma Watson as 'Beauty and the Beast' Belle
- Apple Watch expected to ship in April
- Neil Patrick Harris to visit 'Actors Studio'
- 'Chicago P.D.' role for 'Shameless' alum