It’s war! Next week broadcasters shove the bulk of their new shows into the spotlight and anxiously count how many viewers show up to watch. Even in this era of heavy DVR use, a show’s time slot still matters plenty — just ask NBC’s Revolution, which was hugely boosted whenever it ran behind original episodes of The Voice last season (or any show that runs against The Voice, for that matter). Here are six of the most interesting new top time-period battles this fall — and who we think will win.
Fall TV: Six toughest time slot battles (and which show will win)
- 'Deadpool' movie set for February 2016
- Michael Bay 'Untitled Cocaine Project' at TNT
- 'Voice' winner Josh Kaufman gets B'way role
- 'Red Band Society' debuts to sickly ratings
- 'Godzilla' has a 'Breaking Bad' Easter egg
- Darrell Hammond is new 'SNL' announcer
- 'Agents of SHIELD' brings back 'Donnie Gill'
- '7th Heaven' cast reunites (minus Ruthie)
- 'Magic Mike XXL': No Matthew McConaughey
- Aubrey Plaza: Voice of Lifetime's Grumpy Cat