Aziz Ansari: Buried Alive will premiere exclusively on Netflix Friday, Nov. 1.
Aziz Ansari and Seth Rogen brainstorm crazy ways to release comedy
Aziz Ansari has already produced two successful stand-up specials: Intimate Moments for a Sensual Evening and Dangerously Delicious, so it's no surprise he's trying to think of a fun hook for his upcoming third comedy release. The answer? Product placement tie-in.
Joined by Seth Rogen, Ansari, inspired by Samsung-sponsored Jay-Z, flirts with Bugles chips and Toaster Strudel a.k.a. Pilsbury Toaster Tablet as comedy launching vehicles, before realizing they have some drawbacks. He finally settles with the much-less-exciting-but-much-healthier-to-binge-on Netflix.
This isn't the first time a comedian has released a stand-up special straight to the streaming site, but Ansari is one of the most high-profile people to do so. The Parks and Recreation star's special will explore "pending adulthood, babies, marriage, and love in the modern era," similar topics to his recently-announced book deal.
Treat yo self to the trailer for Buried Alive below:
- Jim Gaffigan series to air on TV Land
- 'CSI' role for Mark Valley
- 'Star Wars': Marvel Comics reveals plans
- Paramount apology for 'TMNT' 9/11 poster
- Kyra Sedgwick: 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' gig
- 'Arrow' casts J.R. Ramirez as Wildcat
- 'Goldfinch' movie rights go to...
- 'Once Upon a Time' casts Hans, Pabbie
- 'Avengers 2' props shown at Comic-Con