Aziz Ansari: Buried Alive will premiere exclusively on Netflix Friday, Nov. 1.
Aziz Ansari and Seth Rogen brainstorm crazy ways to release comedy
Aziz Ansari has already produced two successful stand-up specials: Intimate Moments for a Sensual Evening and Dangerously Delicious, so it's no surprise he's trying to think of a fun hook for his upcoming third comedy release. The answer? Product placement tie-in.
Joined by Seth Rogen, Ansari, inspired by Samsung-sponsored Jay-Z, flirts with Bugles chips and Toaster Strudel a.k.a. Pilsbury Toaster Tablet as comedy launching vehicles, before realizing they have some drawbacks. He finally settles with the much-less-exciting-but-much-healthier-to-binge-on Netflix.
This isn't the first time a comedian has released a stand-up special straight to the streaming site, but Ansari is one of the most high-profile people to do so. The Parks and Recreation star's special will explore "pending adulthood, babies, marriage, and love in the modern era," similar topics to his recently-announced book deal.
Treat yo self to the trailer for Buried Alive below:
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' trailer is here
- 'Star Wars' trailer: Fans react on Twitter
- Shia LaBeouf: I was raped at L.A. art project
- 'Real World' alum Ryan Knight dies at 29
- Netflix: See what's new for December
- Joni Mitchell: I nixed film with Taylor Swift
- 'Mockingjay' aims to keep box office crown
- 'Red Band Society' production halted
- 'Assassin's Creed: Unity' fans get an apology
- 'MasterChef' judge Joe Bastianich to exit