Aziz Ansari: Buried Alive will premiere exclusively on Netflix Friday, Nov. 1.
Aziz Ansari and Seth Rogen brainstorm crazy ways to release comedy
Aziz Ansari has already produced two successful stand-up specials: Intimate Moments for a Sensual Evening and Dangerously Delicious, so it's no surprise he's trying to think of a fun hook for his upcoming third comedy release. The answer? Product placement tie-in.
Joined by Seth Rogen, Ansari, inspired by Samsung-sponsored Jay-Z, flirts with Bugles chips and Toaster Strudel a.k.a. Pilsbury Toaster Tablet as comedy launching vehicles, before realizing they have some drawbacks. He finally settles with the much-less-exciting-but-much-healthier-to-binge-on Netflix.
This isn't the first time a comedian has released a stand-up special straight to the streaming site, but Ansari is one of the most high-profile people to do so. The Parks and Recreation star's special will explore "pending adulthood, babies, marriage, and love in the modern era," similar topics to his recently-announced book deal.
Treat yo self to the trailer for Buried Alive below:
- Fox yanks 'Utopia' from Tuesday schedule
- 'The Bridge': 'Julibex' wraps season 2
- Alyssa Milano exits ABC's 'Mistresses'
- 'Sherlock Holmes' silent from 1916 discovered
- 'Selfie' premiere ratings: Little to 'like'
- 'Agents of SHIELD' role for Tim DeKay
- Harry Potter fan sets Guinness World Record
- 'Twilight Saga': 5 short films on Facebook
- 'Sing-Off' returning to NBC for season 5
- Yvette Nicole Brown exits 'Community'