Aziz Ansari: Buried Alive will premiere exclusively on Netflix Friday, Nov. 1.
Aziz Ansari and Seth Rogen brainstorm crazy ways to release comedy
Aziz Ansari has already produced two successful stand-up specials: Intimate Moments for a Sensual Evening and Dangerously Delicious, so it's no surprise he's trying to think of a fun hook for his upcoming third comedy release. The answer? Product placement tie-in.
Joined by Seth Rogen, Ansari, inspired by Samsung-sponsored Jay-Z, flirts with Bugles chips and Toaster Strudel a.k.a. Pilsbury Toaster Tablet as comedy launching vehicles, before realizing they have some drawbacks. He finally settles with the much-less-exciting-but-much-healthier-to-binge-on Netflix.
This isn't the first time a comedian has released a stand-up special straight to the streaming site, but Ansari is one of the most high-profile people to do so. The Parks and Recreation star's special will explore "pending adulthood, babies, marriage, and love in the modern era," similar topics to his recently-announced book deal.
Treat yo self to the trailer for Buried Alive below:
- 'Teen Wolf' costar in 'Agents of SHIELD' as...
- 'Dating Naked' sued for failure to blur
- Julianne Hough joins 'DWTS' as fourth judge
- Frankie Valli to visit 'Hawaii Five-0'
- Billy Crystal at Emmy salute to Robin Williams
- Aaron Paul's 'Breaking Bad' scavenger hunt
- 'NCIS': New love interest for DiNozzo?
- Nicki Minaj butts in on 'Anaconda' video
- 'AHS: Freak Show' to premiere Oct. 8
- ABC eyes 'Castle'-inspired 'Derrick Storm'