Aziz Ansari: Buried Alive will premiere exclusively on Netflix Friday, Nov. 1.
Aziz Ansari and Seth Rogen brainstorm crazy ways to release comedy
Aziz Ansari has already produced two successful stand-up specials: Intimate Moments for a Sensual Evening and Dangerously Delicious, so it's no surprise he's trying to think of a fun hook for his upcoming third comedy release. The answer? Product placement tie-in.
Joined by Seth Rogen, Ansari, inspired by Samsung-sponsored Jay-Z, flirts with Bugles chips and Toaster Strudel a.k.a. Pilsbury Toaster Tablet as comedy launching vehicles, before realizing they have some drawbacks. He finally settles with the much-less-exciting-but-much-healthier-to-binge-on Netflix.
This isn't the first time a comedian has released a stand-up special straight to the streaming site, but Ansari is one of the most high-profile people to do so. The Parks and Recreation star's special will explore "pending adulthood, babies, marriage, and love in the modern era," similar topics to his recently-announced book deal.
Treat yo self to the trailer for Buried Alive below:
- Tyler James Williams joins CBS spinoff series
- 'Steve Jobs' finalizes cast, begins filming
- Christopher Reeve's son joins 'SportsCenter'
- Katie Holmes back on TV in 'Ray Donovan'
- Benedict Cumberbatch apology for remark
- 'Togetherness' renewed by HBO for season 2
- 'Game of Thrones' IMAX ticket sales surge
- David Tennant cast as 'Jessica Jones' villain
- Emma Watson as 'Beauty and the Beast' Belle
- Apple Watch expected to ship in April
- Neil Patrick Harris to visit 'Actors Studio'
- 'Chicago P.D.' role for 'Shameless' alum