Pretty much every animated character ever
It’s actually hard to think of one example of an animated character whose regular clothing has evolved (aside from a costume change that’s required for an episode’s storyline). I found some niche examples online like Avatar: The Last Airbender, and LaBarbara on Futurama, along with some lesser-known shows. Since there’s no actual body under the clothes, an animated character IS the costume. More practically, it’s easier on the animators to stay consistent. And since animated characters don’t age so there’s no pressure to make changes that reflect the passage of time. As Lisa Simpson once put it: “I feel like I’ve been wearing this same red dress forever!”
There are probably more so shout them out in the comments below. Also, one more thought: There is an opposite trope to The League of Eternal Outfits that may be even more common: The Alliance of Unlimited Wardrobes — characters who never wear the same outfit twice.
10 TV characters who never change their clothes (and why)
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Bachelor' finale: Talk about Juan Pablo's choice!
- 'How I Met Your Mother' recap: 'Daisy'
- 'Dallas' recap: 'Playing Chicken'
- 'Saving Mr. Banks': A key scene we didn't see
- Cristin Milioti: 'HIMYM' buzz on Mother's fate 'crazy'
- 'Simpsons': Inside Sunday's Marcia Wallace tribute
- 'True Detective' creator Nic Pizzolatto talks finale
- 'True Detective' season 1 finale: Our verdict
Top 5 Most Read
- 'True Detective' season finale: What happened? -- SPOILERS
- 'True Detective' finale review: Truth, justice, and the satisfying…
- New 'Game of Thrones' trailer: 'Do you know what they did to my brother? And my mother?' -- VIDEO
- '24: Live Another Day': Jack Bauer warns of a 'world war' -- VIDEO
- Justin Bieber winks, refuses to talk Selena Gomez in deposition -- VIDEO