Patrick Jane on The Mentalist
Serial killer Red John’s most evil act? Convincing Patrick Jane he can never wear a T-shirt. Creator Bruno Heller once told me that Jane is so haunted by the death of his wife and daughter that he remains stuck in that moment and therefore keeps wearing the same suit from his psychic-charlatan days (there are actually two that look similar; both shades of blue, bringing out Simon Baker’s eyes). The suits are also intended to suggest a magician, with little pockets to hide things. Feel free to credit (or blame) Jane for helping spur the hipster men’s vest trend a couple years back.
Realism Ranking: 3 out of 5
10 TV characters who never change their clothes (and why)
- Tracy Morgan responds to Walmart filing
- Harry Potter fan sets Guinness World Record
- Yvette Nicole Brown exits 'Community'
- 'NCIS: New Orleans' react: 'Carrier'
- David Fincher to direct HBO series 'Utopia'
- NBC, CBS win premiere week as Fox slips
- 'Rush Hour' TV series in the works
- Benjamin Walker in Nicholas Sparks' 'Choice'
- 'We Are Not Ourselves' film rights sold
- Dominic Cooper joins 'Agent Carter' cast