Arya Stark on Game of Thrones
The other main characters in Westeros have had opportunities to evolve their look at some point. But Arya has worn the same tunic and pants since the beginning of season 1 (though she has vest-like outer-garments that change). Given her personality and hellish storyline, viewers accept that Arya hasn’t had the desire and opportunity to get a makeover. There is a bit of trickery going on, however, since 16-year-old Maisie Williams has grown since the show launched. Williams tells us the Thrones’ wardrobe department just keeps sneakily making the same costume bigger.
10 TV characters who never change their clothes (and why)
- 'Honey Boo Boo' canceled by TLC
- Ewan McGregor vs. 'Star Wars' faux fans
- Terry Keenan, Fox News and CNN alum, dies
- 'Thrones': 86,000 answer call for 600 extras
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer: 34.3M views
- Aaron Paul vs. Toys 'R' Us over action figures
- 'Project Runway' winner: 'It's just sinking in'
- J.K. Rowling's new Dolores Umbridge story
- Taylor Swift's '1989': Losing herself in 'pop'?
- Kiera Cass' 'The Heir': See the book cover