Why it might have worked: A sexy soap about a married woman who cheats on her husband — ABC viewers just love that stuff, right?
Why it so didn’t: The stakes were far too low. Who wants to watch a mere affair when ABC’s Scandal has nymphomaniac alien creatures landing a spacecraft on the White House lawn? (Or something like that. I’m a few weeks behind.) Or look at the Sunday competition: A CIA analyst stopping terrorist attacks on Homeland, the zombie apocalypse on The Walking Dead, fairy tale characters making out with each other on Once Upon a Time. ABC should have had Betrayal star Hannah Ware, maybe for instance, not just having an affair, but traveling back in time to 1865 to stop Lincoln’s assassination — where she ends up having a torrid fling with our 16th president. “Oh Abe! I realized you were a better man than my husband four score and seven orgasms ago!” (Too far? Fine, but you would totally watch that show, right?).
Fall TV's 7 flops: What went wrong?
(Page 4 of 8)
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Scandal' recap: 'The Price of Free and Fair Elections'
- Joss Whedon's 'In Your Eyes': Watch how it starts
- 'American Idol' recap: Alabama shaky
- 'Grey's Anatomy' recap: 'Go It Alone'
- 'Workaholics' guy visits Pawnee
- 'Parenthood' react: 'The Pontiac'
- 'Vampire Diaries' recap: 'Resident Evil'
- George R.R. Martin: Wanna see a full-sized dragon?
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Parks and Recreation' finale: 'Workaholics' star Blake Anderson to guest -- EXCLUSIVE
- 'Scandal' season finale recap: 'I'm the Scandal'
- Joss Whedon's 'In Your Eyes': Watch the gripping first three minutes before Tribeca -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
- 'Scandal' finale: Talk about it! -- UPDATED
- 'Grey's Anatomy' recap: We're All In This Alone