Why it might have worked: A sexy soap about a married woman who cheats on her husband — ABC viewers just love that stuff, right?
Why it so didn’t: The stakes were far too low. Who wants to watch a mere affair when ABC’s Scandal has nymphomaniac alien creatures landing a spacecraft on the White House lawn? (Or something like that. I’m a few weeks behind.) Or look at the Sunday competition: A CIA analyst stopping terrorist attacks on Homeland, the zombie apocalypse on The Walking Dead, fairy tale characters making out with each other on Once Upon a Time. ABC should have had Betrayal star Hannah Ware, maybe for instance, not just having an affair, but traveling back in time to 1865 to stop Lincoln’s assassination — where she ends up having a torrid fling with our 16th president. “Oh Abe! I realized you were a better man than my husband four score and seven orgasms ago!” (Too far? Fine, but you would totally watch that show, right?).
Fall TV's 7 flops: What went wrong?
(Page 4 of 8)
- Adele: 2 unreleased songs leak (briefly)
- Jennifer Lawrence nude pics: FBI statement
- Justin Bieber: Assault charges in Ontario
- Joan Rivers on life support: Family statement
- CeeLo Green deletes tweets on defining rape
- Tyne Daly to guest on 'Modern Family'
- Rosie Perez + 4 join Larry David B'way play
- 'Love Prison': Watch episode 1 here
- Haruki Murakami's 'Strange Library' in English
- 'Downton' teaser: 'The world is changing'