Cousin Rose (Lily James)
There’s a lot of Cousin Rose this season, and that should be no surprise. While Downton resists the pull of the new world, Rose is eager for it and doesn’t mind getting into trouble to get a taste. “I just wanted to have some story lines that would be inappropriate with older characters,” explains creator Julian Fellowes. “If you suddenly had Edith running around dancing like a flapper and getting pissed, you would think, ‘Oh for Christ’s sake, pull yourself together.’ Whereas because Rose is 18 or 19, you forgive it.”
'Downton Abbey' preview: What to expect for each character in season 4
- Aaron Paul vs. Toys 'R' Us over action figures
- 'Project Runway': And the winner is...
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer: 5 takeaways
- 'Game of Thrones': 7 rumors debunked
- Kiera Cass' 'The Heir': See the book cover
- AMC to acquire 49.9 percent of BBC America
- CMT doubles up on 'Party Down South'
- Christian Bale as Steve Jobs, says Sorkin
- Will Smith brings 'Hitch' comedy series to Fox
- Edward Norton reflects on not being the Hulk