Cousin Rose (Lily James)
There’s a lot of Cousin Rose this season, and that should be no surprise. While Downton resists the pull of the new world, Rose is eager for it and doesn’t mind getting into trouble to get a taste. “I just wanted to have some story lines that would be inappropriate with older characters,” explains creator Julian Fellowes. “If you suddenly had Edith running around dancing like a flapper and getting pissed, you would think, ‘Oh for Christ’s sake, pull yourself together.’ Whereas because Rose is 18 or 19, you forgive it.”
'Downton Abbey' preview: What to expect for each character in season 4
Latest Videos in TV
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': First trailer's here
- Mayim Bialik to host 'Candid Camera'
- 'Once Upon a Time' casting Prince Hans
- Jessica Biel to guest on 'New Girl'
- Stephen Colbert 'Late Show' in N.Y.
- 'Sinister Six' in '16; 'Spidey 3' in '18
- 'Scandal' role for Portia de Rossi
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5': July 7, 2017