OUT: Big-city law shows: Oh, there are still a couple of gavel-and-docket dramas in the works, such as Shonda Rhimes’ law school pilot starring Matt McGorry. But the verdict on legal dramas mostly seems to be “not happening by reason of done-to-death.” (And Rake, pic above, pulling such low ratings that it’s already being put onto Fox’s Green Mile on Friday nights isn’t really helping matters). That said, if you really want to reinvent the lawyer TV genre, you better to look to cable — and Better Call Saul!
10 pilot season trends for fall
- 'Manhattan Love Story' canceled by ABC
- 'Ouija' is Friday's No. 1 movie: $8.3M
- Jack Bruce, bassist for Cream, dies at 71
- Rainn Wilson's Vine series: Curtis Lepore out
- 'Constantine' off to modest start in ratings
- Ewan McGregor vs. 'Star Wars' faux fans
- 'Honey Boo Boo' canceled by TLC
- Billy Boyd song for next 'Hobbit' end-credits
- 'Thrones': 86,000 answer call for 600 extras
- 'Project Runway' winner: 'It's just sinking in'